Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Reaction Times?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mrdeadfolx, May 9, 2011.

1. I was curious to see how marijuana affected my reaction times, so over the past couple days I have been testing my reaction times at different points of my day. Suprisingly, my fastest times were after smoking pot, and my slowest times were after waking up. I average .19 seconds when high, .22 seconds when not, and .23+ when tired. Anyone else feel that this is a little weird? We've been told frequently that marijuana has a negative impact on reaction times.

tl;dr How does marijuana affect your reaction times and how often do you smoke?

2. Everyone Is different I believe. Different people, different reaction times.

3. How do you test your reaction times?

4. It affects my reaction time a little bit, but I've never really done any sort of test on it. I feel like I do better after I smoke, but I think that's more of a psychological thing, I know my reaction time is going to be slower so I try to make up for it. I'd be willing to bet that my reaction time is slower when I first wake up rather than after I smoke.

5. I use a couple different tests online that take an average of 5 tests and they are all consistent. I do 3 averages and average those three together. So around 30 individual reaction times being measured for each testing window (e.g. after smoking pot, waking up, before bed, ect.) I'm sure it's not a bulletproof method but it seems to give a good general idea of what's going on.