Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and psychiatric medications

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Erythrite, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HEY I'm mostly a lurker, and I'm still fairly new to smoking and have only just started doing it regularly (like every other day kind of) within the past couple of months. ANYWAY, is anyone here on psychiatric drugs? Which ones and do they interact with marijuana at all? I'm curious, as I take wellbutrin, cymbalta and lamictal -- all of which don't seem to have any recorded interactions with pot. However, I'm sometimes prone to psychosis of varying levels (hallucinations, paranoia, delusions. I swear I could see the future one time) and will experience extreeeeeeme deja vu. The psychosis happened once late last year, but I've experienced it three more times since then, probably within the same two week period. I also started twitching, first only when high but now everyday I have a mild twitch -- and at one point where I got pretty darn high my body was borderline convulsing unless I made a conscious effort to keep myself still.

I've heard marijuana can be linked to schizophrenia in those predisposed to it, but I have no way of telling that since I don't know my family's history of mental illness. So I'm not sure if I should really be smoking pot or not since I'm the only one out of everyone I smoke with who gets crazy like that. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Thoughts?

2. I'll refer you to almost all of my posts in THIS topic.

Honestly, to me you sound like someone with heightened spiritual senses. You should look into spirituality and brainpower. Spirit Science on YouTube is a great place to start.

If it helps, I'm an everyday stoner who's done various trippy 'unmentionables' several times. I have schizophrenic family members and I assume it 'runs in my family'. I'm fine. It all starts in the. often confused, mind.

Ahh, neat, thank you! Honestly I'm really into the idea of spirituality and stuff of that ilk, so it's really cool that you mention that. And I can totally relate to having an often confused mind , but really only when straight. I find myself coming to a bunch of realizations and understandings when I'm stoned that I never experience otherwise, like RTS games.

Definitely will be checking out your posts and that youtube channel, thanks again~

4. I was taking Zoloft for awhile and it didn't interact I told the Doc I smoked everyday to help me sleep (srs) and he told me there is absolutely no interaction. IKicked the meds though. Fuck that shit. Felt numb after awhile. And not the good kind.

5. Dude, I'm having epiphanies and realizations every day. Small scale and large scale. It's all part of spiritual growth. Every time coincidences occur, notice them as synchronicity in the universe. Consciousness was and is becoming a beautiful thing!

When I mentioned to my doc that I was an occasional smoker the only warning he gave me is that it would counteract the effect of the wellbutrin (a mild stimulant) because all I ever complain about is being so tired and blegh all the time, but the wellbutrin never gave me a significant boost in energy and I'm just 50mg away from the max recommended dose. Womp womp. But yeah, he didn't say anything about any interactions, dangerous or otherwise. But I can say it definitely tires me out, the day after I get high I am absolutely out of commission until the following day x_x I'll sleep all day and still be super groggy, but that's not entirely new as my sleep has always been unusual u_u other than that, the weed has definitely benefited me otherwise (other than just being fun lol) I have IBS-C dominant and weed really does wonders for that. It's supposed to be beneficial to bipolar individuals but I can't attest to that entirely, I imagine that's mostly in cases where manic episodes are dominant and the weed helps them calm down. I'm more on the depressed end so :\\ who knows.

@Zizzy 
    That's so neat! I don't think I've had any large scale epiphanies yet LOL all of mine have been video game related so far, like I suddenly understood Starcraft completely and then I realized how to play Smash Bros properly (ie, not just button mashing) and now I'm pretty good at Brawl hehe. My last few times getting high weren't super great, the last legs of our stash was oddly not doing much at all which was disappointing, so no cool realizations in a while. We just got some new stuff today though and my bf said it's REALLY good, but I won't be able to try til Saturday! So excited/impatient.

Sorry for all these novels I'm typing up, errhhp.