Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and OCD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RealStoned98, Apr 23, 2017.

1. I started smoking twice a week about 2.5 years ago and noticed it helped my OCD. After a few months my frequency increased to everyday. Last summer I had a job where I could smoke on break and would dab out then and when I got home. I then began another job where I couldn't smoke on break or really even go in high at all(I would only blaze a couple times after work but my OCD was the best it had been in a long time [I think it had something to do with being a lot more active at this job])but I'm back at my old job now and smoke pretty much all day. After about 2 weeks of smoking all day I began having OCD tics(it's been about 3 weeks since the tics started, some things I was obsessing about before the tics started don't bother me anymore though) Since then it's been pretty bad except for a few good days I've had. Can increasing marijuana use effect OCD?(it's always helped so I don't see why it would cause negative effects) I had never really smoked all day before though, only at night and a daytime sesh every now and then.

2. It helps my OCD a lot.. i obsess over symmetry and even/odd numbers, etc. I smoke every day, basically all day and it's never had a negative effect on my OCD.

3. Good to hear. I'm thinking it has to be a coincidence in timing with my OCD trouble. Pretty much the only info I can find on Cannabis being negative on OCD either has no sources and/or just seems to be an anti-weed article.

• Agree Agree x 1