marijuana and motivation

Discussion in 'General' started by aciddman, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hey guys im wondering if weed lowers your motivation and goals. Also, can you smoke weed and have a successful life or not?

2. Har har har..
    Weed does not make you lazy, it is the person who is using it that determines if they will achieve anything in life or not.. Of course you can have a very nice/meaningful life using marijuana because thousands of people do including government officials.. In its beggining usage you will notice slight laziness but that is all your fault, marijuana is not a locked chain holding you from where you want to go, its the key to the lock.. GL

Edit: To sum it all up, yes you can have a very successful life. Yet, you will notice lethargy in the beginning stages of consuming herb acidmannnnn..

3. I was gonna leave a more detailed post, but I don't feel like it anymore

4. Cool post bro! :wave:

5. Many US Presidents admit to smoking, so I'd say yes you can lead a successful life. I work in IT and almost everyone I work with smokes, including my boss.

Chances are if pot makes you dumb and lazy, you were that way before you sparked up a bowl.

6. #6 .Ret3p^, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    It actually gives me more motivation in an addiction kinda way.

For example I love photography. After smoking I get this urge to go out and drive around and take pictures.

I say an addiction kind of way because most of the time I don't like doing a lot of stuff unless I'm high . Such as shopping with the gf, washing my car, doing the dishes. little stuff like that.

7. Been toking for 30 years, own my own home, raising kids...Yeah, weed has nothing to do with "being successful".

8. thnkx everyone that opened up my eyes

9. everyone wud used to smoke at my bank job including managers asst. managers supervisors etc. i personal can't imagine being a filmmaker without the herb. not only does it give me motivation its really become my muse now.

10. Well its interesting because for me herb makes me Not want to do the things that are boring in life and makes me want to become or do what i really want to do without pressure.
    Its hard to describe but its Improving certain qualities of my life.
    And has it affected my work or learning? Not really, i'm at college doing maths IT and English and Joinery full time and ive passed all my tests so its Np:p

11. It alters your motivation and goals. I more than likely dont have the same goals now that I would have if I had not been smoking for the last few years. Which is not not necessarily a negative thing or shouldn't be read that way. I am more than happy that I no longer have the motivation to follow the newspapers, or watch tv, or have the goals of a house and fancy car. I have in no way lost my motivation its just developed and changed. Get me?

12. yes, you can still be motivated and smoke, also you can live a very successful like too. if you smoke or not doesnt make a difference on your foals and ambitions, unless you make it that way. thats all government propaganda talking.