Marijuana and Motivation.

Discussion in 'General' started by Gimme Half, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hey GC! How's it going? I come here today with a simple question for everyone.

does/has marijuana ever affect your motivation? I know it could go either way, and it could be a big debate lol..

What do you think?

2. Most strains make me less motivated.

3. Motavation. Always.

4. Gotta say, its hard to have motivation when you are quite content just smoking. But if I don't smoke, I just think about how I wanna smoke and don't really do anything. But when I smoke I get shit done cuz I don't have to think about smoking anymore. :p so its kinda both ways.

5. for myself my motivation levels while smoking pot vary depending on how my over all life status is at the time.

if i am happy:) and everything is going well with my life, then smoking pot i would say is a motivation booster:hello:

but lets say i am jobless and life is just sorta dragging on and nothing seems to be working out to well for me, then id say smoking takes away my motivation :poke:

As of right now i am on probation until January second:cry:, i do not have a job, and school is stressing me out. i would say smoking pot right now for me would not only land myself in jail but probably just make me feel more depressed then i already am. :(

6. To be completely honest. Once I'm high my motivation goes right out the window.

7. #7 LaCurandera, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

This. I'll have to keep it outta sight so it'll be outta mind. Kinda hard when you have rizlas n' shit lying all over the desk :p But don't get me wrong, I'll be glad to finish my chores before taking a single hit.

A note to self and to those who need it; Always do something of a work (if you have any) before smoking. It'll make you feel much better about getting kushed.

8. I had this incredible sativa once. No idea what strain but I know it was sativa from the totally different high. All heady and I had enough energy to run a marathon. I was able to find answers to a lot of problems I've been having in my life and I was profoundly motivated to do anything I put my mind to. I got around an eighth of the stuff and had the same effect every time I smoked it.

9. Yeah my motivation just dies when I'm blazed, I guess I don't see the point in being productive too make myself happy in the future when I could just be really happy right now.

10. Sounds like a very good experience :wave: I hope to get some of that effect with my bagseed sativa, since I wouldn't know if I've ever smoked actual sativa. The weed back in hometown rarely ever carried a name.

11. Cant remember if i had much motivation before smoking always seemed to wither down? Yeah, wither down as the years went.

12. for me it hides my anxiety so in that sense it helps motivate me. but then i sober up and start thinking "what if."

13. I dont want to do anything if im not high.

14. Marijuana motivates me too laugh and chill on the flip sometimes its motivates me to philosophize

15. i'm lazy all the time so all i can say is it doesn't help my motivation lol.

16. i doesnt make me unmotivated, i get what needs to be done done, then i get high
    getting high is my motivation to get whatever i need to do done and out of the way :smoke:

17. #17 USSChallenger, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    If I'm tired or already feeling unmotivated, smoking just saps out any remaining desire to get off my ass. If I'm really excited about something or if I have shit that I just want to take care of, smoking will just make me think about doing it until I get to it!

I've always held by this, that marijuana does not make the individual lazy, but the lazy individual does smoke marijuana.

Edit: ^also this, I used to procrastinate like a motherfucker, now that I'm in college and smoking I'll come straight home, get all my stuff done, and then blaze, its so much better when you add in that sense of accomplishment.

18. This is the way to go. Just thinking about smoking after chores can make one work a lot faster :p

19. I become more motivated, depending on the strain I suppose but I find it easier to get through the work day with a few quick puffs from the pipe, I don't mind doing all the shit I don't want to do as much.

20. I usually smoke at the end of my day, so I get everything out of the way before smoking. Problem solved :D