Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Health issues.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Granica, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

I know the fact that a lot of research has been done, and we all know that Marijuana consumption is a lot healthier than many other substances that we all use on daily basis (Pain killers, diet pills, alcohol, tobacco etc...) Is not an expert or a pro, but i'm sure that Marijuana has some kind of negative effect in a long run or short term...

Anyway, i would like to ask the experts if my problem is marijuana related or not,

I have started smoking daily about 2 months ago, and I'm sure about the quality of the product (its legal, from dispensaries in Socal) and i have noticed a weak but concerning pain in the left side of my chest (feels like its my Heart), i would like to know if this is related to my Marijuana consumption. I also smoke cigarettes, and I'm also under a lot of stress...

What do you know about this???

2. ANY "pain" in your chest is a sign you should see a doctor immediately.

Usually though, if there is an underlying heart problem you'll experience other symptoms during physical exertion. That's your main key sign, although it's not always prevalent. You can go without feeling anything and there be an issue there, but pain is a definite sign something isn't correct with something.

Personally, I have the same thing, but it's not from smoking. I happen to have a muscle that "twangs" every now and then, plus I have GERD, which can make my chest feel tight, which also happens to be a sign of a heart attack.

There's too many reasons to list for a possibility of pain in your chest. You're most likely tripping out and it's nothing, but to be sure you should still see a doctor.

If it only happens when you're smoking, it's your head.

3. Ya it pre much happens when i smoke... so i tried to concentrate on the pain and think its not there...and the pain was gone, so i think im just trippin too!

4. A side effect of Marijuana use is Tachycardia, which basically is a quickening of the heartbeat. Also, it can cause heart palpitations sometimes, as a direct side effect.

When I first started smoking I started to trip out over my heart a LOT, because I could feel it constantly when I smoked. I used to think I was literally having a heart attack and tell my friend he had to take me to the hospital, but it was all because of my heartrate being elevated from the weed. After a while, I got used to it and now I can't feel it anymore unless I really concentrate, and even then it doesn't bother me at all, since I know what it's from.

Hope this kinda helps too.

5. Any chest pain should be checked out by a doctor, especially on the left near your heart. It would be better for you to visit a minor emergency room than to ask people on a forum. Hope you figure this out man, chest pain is no bueno. Take it easy,

Peace out.