Marijuana and Gym

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BritBrit, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I've been going to the gym for 2 weeks or so now. I go most days.

What are all your experiances with smoking before the gym?

I'm a 20 year old male, fairly average build. Been smoking long enough to have a strong old tolerance. So...

Yeah, any past experiances or knowledge to share?

Thanks peeps

2. Personally i don't workout well when im high. I always lose track of what rep i am on and i find it harder to get into the zone where you can really push for those last couple reps.

On the other hand, after a workout i love vaping and muching out.

3. It may be difficult if you're smoking an Indica so I'd recommend a Sativa if you can find any.

If you can't find a Sativa, I would say save your weed until after you work out. I've heard smoking after a workout makes the high more enjoyable.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do!

4. I prefer smoking before cardio, but not lifting.

Like smoking before a bike ride is great, I just zone out and push really hard without even thinking about it.

5. I'm somewhat the opposite. I enjoy smoking before lifting weights because I can feel/am more aware of my muscles. Sometimes I like swimming and jump roping high, but I feel as if time goes by faster if I don't smoke/vape beforehand.

6. Thanks for the all around good advice guys. I will take it all into account!

7. For me personally there is a fine line of how much I can smoke before going to the gym, if I smoke just enough I love it. If I smoke too much it's too hard to motivate. Most of the time I go sober just to avoid getting too high. Love coming home after a workout and smoking in the shower though. AMAZING.

8. Well when I bike I just think it's the most beautiful day ever and my mind can really just set my legs on cruise control and I zone out cuz it's a bike-only paved path. It helps loads when I lift I just prefer it to help with cardio.

Never hear someone say they like to have a cig to improve their cardio I bet.:smoke:

9. Stay away from munchies unless is healthy and drink alot of water!
    Drinking water while toked taste better!

10. I drink loads of water, although I am having a really hard time fighting munchies. Any advice on how to defeat this sweet, yet evil foe?

11. I'm in the same situation, although im a girl lol. I'm debating whether or not to smoke before going. I smoked before going on a hike once and I found it made me so motivated to get it done. I don't think I would have done so well if I wasn't high. I have both sativas and indicas so what I'm smoking isn't the question, it's should I?

12. Just wait till after you've finished your workout before you smoke.

13. How many of these threads are there going to be? Use the search function.

14. I prefer up to date answers regarding my questions. So no thanks.

I smoked before gym today. Hybrid of sat and ind. Was quite good. Had a good stamina increase actually.

15. It absolutely KILLS my workout to smoke before...hell I wont even go most of the time when Im in the clouds lol. But I love to burn after a nice session...idk why but its something about afterwards that makes the high even better for me. Maybe because of the increased blood flow and O2 intake??? idk

16. Smoke after your done working out.

Its great lol.

17. I have worked out high before at my boy's gym, it felt great like I could keep lifting without feeling tired, exhausted, etc guess it's the adrenaline rush plus the high.

18. I have to smoke before the gym. Gives me a better attitude and makes me feel way less stiff.

19. I really enjoy smoking before yoga.. makes it so much fun!

20. I can understand while yall two like smoking before cardio; because yall are outdoors while I'm in an consoled area. I bet if I ran out in nature, I would love smoking more pre-cardio.