1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

marijuana and god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by cmbr66, Mar 11, 2003.

1. is it ok in gods eyes to smoke majijuana? i know it says somewhere in the bible that geting drunk is wrong but what about marijuana? link to a good marijuana and god site?
  2. can't take the bible too literally no matter what it says. Fundamentalism.....oi! And should public schools teach evolution? Anyway, in most eastern religious doctrine, (which i find to be entirely more enlightened than western philosophy), narcotics like hash, opium, reefer, all that good shits a-o.k. however, in the WESTERN HEMISPHERE, i think cannabis is generally regarded as pretty much the same as alcohol, (which is SO MUCH WORSE!) and therefore probably frowned upon by all predominant orthodoxie. (i can use whatever words i want.) that doesn't necessarily mean that you individually have to follow convention...
  3. Marijuana is an plant that growes from the ground, it's alive and if this "god" thing created all life then it created marijuana too and all life is sacred. I dunno god created different stuff for different purposes something to eat, something to drink, somethings that smell good, medical stuff, and stuff that makes you feel good.
  4. Bout 10 years ago i can remember havin a mad argement with my dad (god rest his soul) about if it was a sin to smoke the herb or not.

he was well into his bible but wasnt an unreasonable man and we had lots of long talks about stupid stuff. anyway the upshot is that ther is a bit in the bible that says the herb is cool. nothing he cud find that sez it aint.

I cant remember wher it is, a rasta mate of mine pointed it out to me and its bin a long time since i picked up my bible. i'l have a look text time i pick it up, i'm sure the courner of that page is folded over...
  5. you have to use the real translation from hebrew. most bibles are VERSIONS. the only religion that i know of that has the real translation for hebrew to english is jehovah witnesses. all other religons change the bible to their own version...i.e. kings james bible, which is what mormons use. the bible that is a translation from hebrew to english is called the new world testament.
  6. Well in that case then i cant help u as it is the king james Ver that i have got. and u seam to know a lot about it anyway cus in ur 1st post u say getting drunk not drink or drinking like most ppl would.

Have u thought of popping down to the local witnesses hall this sunday and askin them? the 1s that i know r good ppl and wud b happy to help.
  7. "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle; and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart," - Pslam 104:14-15

"Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith," - Proverbs 15:17

(King James Version)
  8. but where does it say about use of it? i know god created it and it can be used for paper, clothes, and medicine. but is it ok to smoke it to get high?
  9. why does it matter what 'god' thinks.

even if there is a god, do you really thinks he gives a shit about you, at all?

dont act like the perfect, all-seeing, all-knowing creator of the universe, in all of its glory and impossible-to-comprehend giganticness, with billions of stars spanning billions of light years, and god knows how many forms of life, would be petty and generally HUMAN enough to write a big book telling us what to do and what not to do in order to get eternal happiness.. to me, it kind of sounds like

*shifty eyes, looks around*

..something somebody MADE UP.

..in order to CONTROL and INFLUENCE PEOPLE.

but hey, maybe youre right and im going to hell, to be prodded with hot pitchforks, tormented by imps, and otherwise horrifically tortured for all of eternity.
  10. god....??? no such thing.... why do u even care, god aint real anyways.....and even if he was, he probley wouldnt give a shit, cus he would be up their tokin it and shit... i mean, it is a plant that "god" made?
  11. Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb producing seed that is on the whole earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree producing seed: it shall be food for you;

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be food for you: as the green herb I give you everything.

this is the closest I could find about the use of plants...maybe he meant weed too, I dunno
  12. Well jesus did change water into wine.And if alcohol is alright then weed either.Marijuana makes you think philosophically, and alcohol just makes you dizzy
  13. whats up guys! tnxs for posting :). ive been studying the marijuana in the bible. i had to use the new world translation because (as i said before) it is a direct translation from the original hebrew scriptures to english. and its not a VERSION! and biggest difference is the word "herb" (that is used in the king james version) is replaced with "vegetation" or "vegetables". but a "herb" is still "vegetation". i think "vegatation" does make more sense because why would it be "herb" when the scripture from Genesis is refering to the creation of plant life. vegetation is refers to ALL plant life. you guys have posted all the scriptues refering to marijuana(vegatation) and alll of them are very good accounts of marijuanana in the bible. but i have found another scripture and i think it is the stongest defence for marijuana. lets not forget that God did create marijuana as stated in Genesis.

"However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, by the hypocricy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accutately know the truth. The reason for this is the every creation of of God is fine, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is sanctified through Gods word and prayer over it."- TIMOTHY 4:1-5

14. Imps HAHAHAHAHAHA:smoke:

Grasscity Deals Near You