Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Asthma Questions...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mhaze21, Apr 13, 2006.

1. My story is like everyone else's here. I was hospitalized a couple times as a kid for asthma, but ever since I started smoking weed at like 16 I stopped needing my inhaler or medicines (as much). I do remember one time me and my friend got chased by another couple of guys for like 2 miles, and once we stopped I had a little attack. We lit up the blunt and I started breathing easy.

2. Ok, I've had asthma since I was a kid. As I matured, I have seemed to grow out of most of it. I have it on a mild-medium level depending on the time of year. Usually, I can go months without using my inhaler unless vigorous exercise is involved. Ontop of that I take alergy medicine, which pretty much removes my asthma for as long as I take it. Am I applicable to smoke marijuana? I'm referring to the joints consisting of tissue paper. Not the bong or other inhalation devices. Anyone?

3. weed is a broncodialator, opens the lungs.

4. Thats funny i have had Asthma all my life as well. I think about it, and now that I smoke, I dont have ANY asthma issues. NEVER anymore. Well, of course it does happen.:cool:

5. Hey I read the article there, VERY Intresting:D

6. I've had asthma all my life as well. My doctor actually diagnosed me with chronic asthma last year before I started smoking cannabis. The very first day I tried cannabis, that whole day, I didn't have a single problem with asthma or anything related to the lungs. I felt great.

Been smoking for a year now and not once have I ever had a problem with asthma. I'd say it cured me, because I can go weeks without smoking and no asthma symptoms will arise.

7. one of my good friends as asthma. she smokes on a regular basis.... she was scared when she first did it but has been smokin dro for a few years now and it has not had any effect on her...

8. my asthma is atrocious, i live in urban new jersey less than 10 miles from nyc and the air quality here is absolutely pathetic. imo marijuana makes my asthma WORSE. i found zero evidence of it making my asthma better in any way shape or form as I am in my mid-20s and have been smoking pot for 9-10 yrs already. i do not smoke cigarettes, i quit 4 yrs ago. i do smoke a shitload of blunts which obv attributes to my lung butter death. i'm actually using my nebulizer as i wrote this post because i love pot and hate my asthma. fuckin A fellas, fuckin A

9. I Live In NY and have had asthma since i was about 7 moths old, and I grow from time to time inorder to keep my asthma in line because I can't afford health insurance. anyways cannabis most definatly helps my asthma. Infact at one or two points I have smoked a bowl of my finest, and completly reversed and asthma attack

10. i know someone who has a green card for their asthma

11. don't have time to read all posts so idk if this has already been said but have you tried a vape? Those would have no side effects for someone with asthma.

cheers:wave:

12. If you injest it orally, trust me your lungs with feel the dilating and calming effect without the smoke side effect.

I find that even when I smoke, my lungs dilate, my airways feel easier to expand, and I breathe better. It's only when I smoke too much, and when my tolerance goes up that I don't feel it.

13. I have a theory on why this guy's asthma got worse from smoking.

When his asthma is bad, his lungs are too restricted to get the full effect of the New Jersey air.
    But after smoking weed and having his lungs opened up more, he gets the full effect of the smog and that is what is making it worse.

14. #35 STEBONOMIX420, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
    I had asthma since i was like 2 yrs old in and out of the hospital like when the weather changes or i get a cold or running induced an attack as well i play soccer occasionally and dont get bothered as much wen i get high first....started smoking heavy around 14 im 20 now and since then i can honestly say i've had less hospital visits less need for inhaler i still use em tho i wish i culd say it completely cured it i smoke mostly blunts so im pretty sure thats not too good for my lungs otherwise if i use like vaporizer or something i'd probably be doing wayy better..my story is like most ppl's here lol... oh and i jus made a pipe out of my inhaler comes in handy wen u have no papers or one hitter or anything for that matter...i always carry my inhaler jus in case ;)lmao mad baked btw:smoke::smoke:

15. ....or burnt cannabis makes it worse.

16. Ive had bad asthma my whole life too and my past two months of smoking have bene the best of my life. Ive actually been able to run or walk long distances without frequent breaks and I dont have to carry all 3 of my inhalers with me anymore. I used to get at least 4 or 5 bad attacks a week and during the spring when allergy season came around life just sucked. Ive only eaten once and that helped a ton but smoking out of a bowl or vaping hasnt done anything but help so far either.
    DO NOT smoke blunts if you have asthma, cigar paper is not meant to go into your lungs as you dont typically inhale cigar smoke deep like you do pot. Vaping is deff your best bet unless you use edibles but honestly my bowl has worked great for me so far.

17. i have my card for asthma.

18. yeah during spring/allergy season in general, i was having a real tough time breathing. i couldn't even smoke really... vaping was the only way i could get high.

19. I hope I can get a card in NJ for asthma... its honestly improved my life by a shit ton. My inhalers make my throat hurt like a bitch and my stomach feel sick.