Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Anti-Depressants

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dusty92388, Aug 11, 2011.

1. it seems as though marijuana does not have any affect on any thing else unlike most drugs and alcohol. I have smoked pot and taken anti depressants for a long time before (not currently) and noticed no affects, I have smoked pot and taken xanax, valium, ambien, and adderall (all prescribed not abusive) and it's like they both have their side affects and they're mixed together when taken together, but neither affects the other's side affects, it doesn't intesify it at all like alcohol does.

2. I was the same exact way, I now refuse anti depressants, luckily I am no longer struggling with being able to control it, now that I'm older it has thankfully gone away for the most part. Just because they changed you and didn't work for you, you can't honestly assume that they work the same for everyone. And for the retard saying how anti depressants kill peopl..... guess what NOT taking anti depressants when you should kills more, and not only that it kills innocent people like their children and loved ones because they weren't able to control their demons, and were most likely making it worse with drugs and alcohol.

3. as the great tyler durden once said. you have to give up. you have to realize that someday you will die. until you know that, you are useless.

4. no he has the whole thing down.. :rolleyes:

where are you're sources? you're doing the same thing as him just saying shit with no back up data.

Yup start lifting, running, and eating right. i would quit cigs not fun coughing up shit all day and not being able to run a mile.

Expensive Antidepressants No Better Than Sugar Pills! | Anti Aging Hacks

Study finds antidepressants no better than sugar pills - thestar.com

Are Antidepressants Really No Better Than Sugar Pills? - iVillage

5. #45 weednotcrack, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    I honest hope all those who been supporting anti-depressants watch this movie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMoG9VDWgFg]The Marketing of Madness - Full Movie Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

6. also just to remind you the doctors telling you to take antidepressants 99% of the time are the same one telling you bullshit about marijuana.

7. Oh, is that so? My dad commited suicide solely because of prescription medications including anti-depressants. No other reason. Don't believe me? Whatever, I know the pills they've got will kill you and no one will even figure out they were the cause of a death. :smoking:

8. You are kidding me? Tell me you went to 4 years of medical school. Otherwise...what freakin basis do you have to call it a state of mind???
    It is a proven disease that usually involves poor neurotransmitter uptake/release. That is a disease, not a state of mind.

9. My girlfriend has depression and takes AD's and smokes weed frequently, no side effects.

10. Most medications effect people differently. Guess what. I've been on antidepressants for more than five years and I have never attempted to kill myself, so you have already been proven wrong. The fact that your father was prescribed antidepressants in the first place means that he was already depressed, so to say that the medication was the sole reason that he committed suicide is not very reasonable. That's not to say that the medication was absolutely not the reason for the suicide, but there is obviously no way of knowing that for sure now.

11. Do your self a huge favor and flush that poison down the toilet.

They sell it to you to make money not to help you. I'm a psychology grad student trust me, all they do is make the depression worse so you need more and stronger drugs that cost more.

Also, lots of suicides today are done by people on anti-depression pills who weren't depressed in the first place. Smoke weed and never trust your doctors,
    Ever.

12. I don't take ANY pills or "medicine." :)

13. You're grouping everyone into the same category. Did you know that some people commit suicide that aren't on any medications? Did you know some people commit suicide that are on medications? Did you know that many people feel much better after going on antidepressants? Did you know others feel much worse after taking antidepressants?

14. I agree with everything you said, but I would not say you should never listen to your doctors. If you get a x-ray and the doctor says it's broken and the doctor tells you that you should get a cast, I would suggest you get that cast:laughing:

15. Speaking about suicidal depression, you can treat it with proper nutrition and the main nutrient you need is vitamin b3 a.k.a niacin , but people who are suicidal depression need higher levels of niacin than normal. Check this video out, it explains it better than I can.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K2tqxKf2EE]Natural Treatment for Depression Explained - Naicin B3 - Food Matters - YouTube[/ame]

16. My antidepressants tore up my stomach and made me a zombie. I took the pills to a mmj doctor and told him I hadn't eaten in a week because of them, and that's how I got my rec. Now because of mmj I can eat and function again and my depression went from a 10/10 to a 3/10 :)

17. #57 kronman907, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah but 90 percent of Case studies I have looked at, the patient didn't need the drugs in the first place.

Also if you read the fine print it says on all antidepressant drugs that they may not work and may Cause you to commit suicide.

They still Dont know exactly how these drugs work and what the long term effects are.

In my professional opinion, people who like to take antidepressant drugs can't deal with the stresses of life and want something to numb their head up and dumb them down. You will never be happy by dosing your self with poison.

18. #58 kronman907, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well yeah haha listen to your doctor, but never trust them, ever. They are there to make money off you, your Health is a distant second concern in their eyes.

19. I've taken lustral 100mgs (I think they're called zoloft in the US).
    I also smoked the herb at the same time.
    I (and I only speak for myself here) encountered no problems.
    Before taking my meds, I used to cry for no reason, I used to self harm, I had attempted suicide in the past and I genuinely just felt useless.. alone and shit.

My doctor put me on the meds for aprox three months and I felt a lot better for it.
    I'm not saying everyone will agree but I genuinely think the lustral helped the chemical imbalances and I had no bad encounters smoking weed while on it :)

20. Only in countries where healthcare is an absolute disgrace like the US.

The irish healthcare system isn't the best example but;
    I couldn't afford my medication so it was provided for me by the student fund in my college, the doctor gave me access to free therapy and I did not have to pay to see the doctor because I had no funds.