Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Anesthesia "Tolerance"?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TokeDemBudz, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I am a 6'1" 200 lb guy...so I am not fat, but I am pretty big. I smoke daily, and rarely drink. I don't use any drugs...In fact, I rarely use over the counter medications such as Tylenol or Aspirin.

On Friday I had to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. The Oral Surgeon told me he thought the best thing to do was use anesthesia and bring me in the "twilight" state.

Twilight anesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - In case you don't know what that means, I sure as hell didn't understand what he was talking about until he explained it to me.

Anyway, the only other time I have ever been under anesthesia is like 4 years ago when I had a rib removed. I went in on Friday, and was out of there within an hour and a half to two hours. Before I left, the Oral Surgeon was explaining what he did during the surgery and directions for taking care of my mouth...I wasn't really paying attention because I was a little out of it still and wanted to get the hell out of there, but my driver was paying attention.

The next day, my driver told me what her and the Oral Surgeon discussed. He told her that he had to use almost the entire buildings supply of anesthesia JUST to keep me in twilight...That he used enough on me to KNOCK OUT (NOT twilight) at least 3 full grown men.

This makes no sense to me. Are we each born with a different tolerance to anesthesia? Or does smoking MJ have something to do with this? I didn't smoke the day before OR the day of surgery. Perhaps someone can give me some insight on this topic.

2. You may wish to speak with the oral surgeon concerning exactly what he used and the amount needed. Your driver may have misunderstood.

If the surgeon experienced unusual difficulty in sedating you then that is something you will need a record of, should you require anesthesia in future.

3. I didn't even think of that...but that sounds like a great idea. At least that way I have record of it JUST IN CASE.

I am 110% positive that he said that. My girl was there with the driver when they spoke and told me the same thing. I will see if I can find out what he used and the amount needed...I was just wondering if MJ perhaps had an impact on tolerance to anesthesia or something.

4. Before I got a colonoscopy, my doctor asked if I smoked weed at all. I said yes, and she told me that the anesthetic acts on the same receptors as weed. In heavier weed smokers, more anesthetic is necessary.

5. holy shit then bro u are epic as fuck. u must smoke ur ass off all day lol

6. That makes sense. Thank you :).

I smoke often...basically all day from the minuteI wake up till right before I pass out.