Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana after surgery?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by michro01, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,
    I just had my wisdom teeth removed and really wanted to burn. Would this be ok or is it frowned upon? I know your not supposed to "smoke", but we actually vaporize, so I was wondering if that would be ok, having no harmful smoke.

Thanks.

2. There are two distinct reasons that smoking is not advised after oral surgeries.

First off, in order to inhale deeply, one essentially creates a negative pressure vacuum in their lungs. This can cause the blood clots to become dislodged and bleed; and is not conducive to healing.

Secondly, smoking in general (including vaporization) introduces a number of contaminants to the site, increasing bacterial growth and promoting an infection.

Having an oral infection is truly horrendous, and may result in unnecessary pain and discomfort.

It's really your choice, but I highly suggest that you don't. You can always mix up some cannabutter and make some brownies or bhang if you want to get stoned.

Hope all goes well.

3. #3 Storm Crow, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    You know you are going to, so just be careful, OK? Dry sockets are a real drag! Like Sam said, watch the suction! If you can do bags, you got no problem. With a whip, don't overload the chamber. You want it easy drawing! Also have lots of water to drink along with the vape- NOT some sugary soda which could cause more bacterial growth. A dry mouth can cause a bacterial population explosion, too.

Eat a healthy diet, it will speed healing and you can get back to normal faster. Melons, and other soft summer fruits are yummy!

Granny :wave:

4. Bhang!!!! Sam is right on all levels.

But seriously, Bhang or Pot Hot Chocolate would be your best bet.

My personal recipe for Pot Hot Chocolate (SO EASY TO MAKE!):

First off, get a mesh tea strainer. It works the best.

[​IMG]

Ingrediants.
    -1-2g of cannabis
    -1.5 cups 2% or Whole milk.
    -2 tbsp of Butter, or about 1/4 of a stick (Sweet cream salted or unsalted)
    -Chocolate Syrup

1. Grind up your weed and lock it in the tea strainer.

2. Add milk and butter into a pot and bring to a boil.

3. Once your milk/butter mixture is boiling, pour into your glass/mug.

4. Add tea strainer with weed into your mug.

5. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove tea strainer. (I open it up and squeeze the soggy bud over the mug to get all the moisture out and into the drink).

6. Add chocolate, stir and drink! This should hit you HARD in 20-40 minutes.

5. EDIT: Nevermind :p