Marijuana: a cronic history

Discussion in 'General' started by GUK3R, Jul 6, 2012.

1. There is a fucked up show spreading lies about weed on h2 right now. Pretty fucked up but funny.

2. cannabis is cancerous.
    it also kills brain cells.

quit before there's no turning back.

3. #3 Storm Crow, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Cannabis causes cancer- :laughing:

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Kills brain cells? :laughing:

High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats (news – 2005)
    High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood (news - 2005) Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood

An addictive "Gateway drug"? :laughing:

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    Marijuana (Cannabis): Drug Use and Dependence: Merck Manual Professional

Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' (news – 2008)
    Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' | Drugs | AlterNet

Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults (full – 2011) Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults

Perhaps you guys should send these to the creators of the program and the management of the station! They shouldn't be allowed to go about in such a state of ignorance! If you have my List, you can shoot them down point by point and back it all up with PubMed Studies! To get your free PDF copy of the 2012 Granny's List (670+ pages of links) see the bottom of my sig!

But to balance that bit of bad reporting, just the other day, RT ( RT and on DISH - channel 280) had a nice pro-MMJ article on TV which I enjoyed- they were pointing out that if Obama wants to get re-elected, promising to legalize medical cannabis would get him a LOT of votes!

RT is an English language news station out of Russia. It is biased, but so is CNN and every other news broadcast. RT shows you stuff that you NEVER see on CNN! You might want to take a peek. ;)

Granny :wave:

4. One of those articles says that THC makes brain cells grow and increases brain power.

But I always wondered how did that old claim that weed kills brain cells become so popular?
    I know bout their propaganda, but was there a research?

5. #5 Storm Crow, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    There was a study (1960s/70s) where they put gas masks on monkeys and forced them to breathe very heavy pot smoke for hours. Their brains were oxygen starved and suffered damage. They blamed the damage on the pot smoke- which in some lights was true, simply because any smoke has a lower oxygen content than pure air and it will do damage in time. :cool:

The scientific community would like to forget this study because it was SO badly done! lol

Granny :wave:

6. I'll laugh in the face of anybody who says Marijuana increases brain power or makes you smarter. I guess it's just me, but all i want to do is eat and do anything other than use my brain when im high.

7. Nobody is saying it makes you solve earth's problems, it just helps with brain cell regrowth, nobody said it made you smarter dude.

And yeah, if you just wanna eat and not use your brain when you're high...

You're not doing it right :rolleyes:

8. Pretty sure i am, when after smoking a joint i instantly crave cheeto's and a comfy couch..And i'm not convinced marijuana does anything good for the brain, lol.

9. High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Granny posted this link, but I'll repost this to make it a little more simple for you

Have you ever tried doing something productive when you're high? Or are you just one of those stereotypical stoners who just wants to eat his cheetos and watch TV on the couch. Try going for a bike ride, or a walk in nature, or even go for a swim... Actually lots of fun and way more rewarding then sitting on the couch eating cheetos. I stopped doing pointless boring shit like that when I was 16. Do something with yourself!

10. Oh yeah I know that one! I thought it was cruel.
    But that's it??
    wow it was even before I was born too.

11. I guess theres something wrong with being an occasional smoker. I don't have the tolerance of someone who smokes every day, because i have a full time job. i stopped doing pointless boring shit like smoking everyday when i was 16, i only smoke on sundays. do something with yourself! :p

12. Florida, I read medical studies while high! I wrote most of my better college papers while high (corrected spelling and such later).

Cannabis is a malleable high- I can kick back all couch-locked, or dance though the housework on the same cannabis by just changing the music! There was an old study done in Jamaica that showed that the cannabis users worked longer and better than non-users! Cannabis is what you make it!

Granny

13. Lmao, just for the record, I don't smoke at all, and haven't for a couple months now. So take your judging somewhere else, we don't really like people like that on this forum :)

14. Dude, not everyone is like you. You just said it.

and it's not "pointless boring shit" to smoke everyday, it's a lifestyle, man.
    You don't like it, don't do it.
    Obviously you can't handle your high if you can't "do something with yourself" when you're high.

Weed makes music sound better, food taste better and takes the edge off.

I've wrote some of my best essays in college when I'm baked.
    and I lost count of how many final exams I entered while completely stoned, it relieves exams anxiety and increases creative thinking and problem-solving. and I get A's bro.

I dunno what you smoke man, but you might need a new dealer :D