Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijauna is addictive? Drug free world, the truth of marijauna?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CheechIsChong, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Its silly

Heres a quote from that article

"As the typical user inhales more smoke and holds it longer than he would with a cigarette, a joint creates a severe impact on one’s lungs. Aside from the discomfort that goes with sore throats and chest colds, it has been found that consuming one joint gives as much exposure to cancer-producing chemicals as smoking five cigarettes."

Who has gotten cancer from smoking joints so far..?
    This is straight propaganda just like every other anti-marijuana article

2. Articles like that ruin our freedom!

3. Its actually crazy..

4. What "chemicals" are they talking about? if you grow it yourself and flush it properly those buds are way more healthy than any manufactur chemical covered cigarettes.

5. I'm not sure but marijuana is carcinogenic, so when you burn it you're going to get tar in your lungs. Thats why using a vaporizer is key!
    And yeah, no matter what - it is still healthier than a fucking cigarette

6. Your first mistake was reading an article on drugfreeworld.org.:rolleyes:

7. Couldn't have been because of the speeding. :rolleyes:

8. This is why i don't smoke the weed plant any more. it makes me kill my friends with a fire-axe and crash my car, and wake up with cancer

9. Propaganda is to keep sheep in line, and they need to be put in place. Just don't be a sheep.

It is a drug, and certainly must have negative effects. These are facts, oh well. The question is, do you care? If not, blaze up. I sure wish I could scrape my lungs

10. Everything is addictive if your have that kind of personality. Only thing that helps is self control

11. Bang on the head of the nail!
    Just like chocolate...

12. Marijuana isn't addictive there's nothing in marijuana that makes it addictive, it's mentally addictive. EVERYTHING is mentally addictive, people are addictive not marijuana.

13. When stoners earn billions from their cannabis corporations, I can see them lobbying and researching in bias ways also...

14. Why don't you just ignore the crap?
    If people want to live blindly by rules like that why not let them?

15. Thats right skunky, its obvious really. Like I said, chocolate. Actually I think it has something addictive in it. How about that then, chocolate is more addictive than cannabis haha. And cannabis is not addictive at all

16. Fuck, I'll start my own website against Soda and how addictive that is. I'm 10x more time addicted to caffeine than I am weed. Also, caffeine causes heart problems, so shouldn't this be illegal as well? Fuck... Now that I think of it, I'm mentally addicted to listening to music, so lets make that illegal as well! Water, this stuff got me started to the liquids, and I later started drinking alcohol... If it wasn't for water, I would have never started drinking alcohol. This must mean water is a gateway liquid. MAKE IT ILLEGAL!

17. I lol'd.
    So true, there's no real logic behind any of the anti-weed stuff.
    Anyone capable of rational thought can tear apart any anti-weed argument.

18. I believe there actually is 5x the 'tar' and other carcinogenic materials in cannabis, but the medicinal properties of the cannabinoids balance it out. Cannabis is an expectorant, which opens you airways allowing your lungs to clean themselves out (hence why you cough easily). Tobacco on the other hand, does the opposite. It constricts the alveoli and traps all the tar inside, not allowing it to escape.