March too early to plant in coastal Ga?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GrowOp2014, Feb 6, 2014.

1. I germed some seeds and there sprouts now 2 days old under a fluorescent I'm going to plant more later in the season too, but I'm just bullshitting around because I'm excited for an early start and I got plenty seeds anyways. But it's near savannah, and our last frost is usually early to mid march. But I'm moving from this house in a month so I need to know how you think they will do at 3 weeks old outside at early march?

** This is all completely fictional information for my own entertainment purposes **

2. Its jumping the gun some, even if they live they wont grow fast till it gets warm and sunny. you are better off waiting or growing indoors.

3. Well, they can survive outdoors if there is no frost.
    People plant a week or so in a sunny place, getting as much sun as possible, and it should be fine.

4. Check this site for your area, although there wont be a difference statewide.  http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/Georgia.asp

Your biggest problem is daylight hours, about 12 this month.  Those who choose to put plants out this early struggle with keeping them from early flowering.  Supplemental lighting is necessary to do so.

5. Go by the saying we heard as kid. "April showers bring May flowers." With that said May is when plants naturally begin to sprout and grow.