Marc Emery to plead guilty.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by PixieDust, Jun 6, 2009.

1. But just think, what will he do when hes let free in 5 years?

2. I hope he actually gets transferred to a Canadian prison, instead of rotting away here in the US.

This would be the perfect opportunity for a large scale protest and demonstration, but I doubt anything large will happen. Norml reps will just show up on CNN and talk about it but not really do anything. I think its time that we took things into our own hands and stopped depending on our current marijuana activist groups that just do press releases and tv interviews.

3. watch the video

4. He is a rather seemingly peaceful man. Everytime I've ever seen him he's been blazed out of his mind going off on spiels about how wonderful cannabis is...

He's alright with me.:p

5. that's what i'm sayin'.

6. there needs to be a protest outside the court after the first court hearing.

Lemme know when and where it is, i'll be there. I'm dead serious. this is a call to action

7. I would definitely be there, only if America wasnt on the other side of the world.

8. Perhaps this is the messiah the legalization movement needs at this time to tip the balance to full legalization. If this gets enough of the right kind of coverage it just may wake people up. People will think "What? Our prisons are overflowing and they want to lock up a guy for 5 years for selling seeds? WTF?". Or the gov't will try to keep the lid on the case so as not to encourage a groundswell of action. If the gov't does make a big deal of this in the press it may backfire and cause people to see the light.

9. Dude .. hell yeah.

10. Someone should break him out prison break style.

11. the government and the media are very keen to keeping the right news in the headlines, and demonizing news they feel needs to be demonized - take it from a political science/journalism dbl major. What needs to go down is mass viral e-mails, video's, blogs and hyping it up everywhere on the internet - it needs to lead to an old school march/protest outside of the court hearing. That is the ONLY way to guarantee media attention - just don't all go stoned and act like idiots because they're gonna interview people. They're needs to be a protest- a big one... and everybody needs to go prepared with an intelligent message and something to say. This IS the time to ACT. If you want legalization you'd be a hippocrit not to do something NOW. THE Prince of Pot is about to be indicted and tried in the Land of the Free. C'mon guys, we gotta start doin shit. Someone who's really internet savvy talk to me and we can try and figure something out to start getting the ball rolling - but ultimately, there needs to be a large scale protest. People need to see 1. the truth 2. the ridiculousness of this guys sentence 3. positives of hemp (on all levels).

The interview they would have with marc emory after he see's thousands, no hundreds of thousands of people protesting for him and his cause would be absolutely astounding. Can we americans finally pull ourselves away from our televisions and computers? C'mon, lets do something! this can actually make a difference. And if your selfish - well you might get on TV, NORMLs website, or emory's magazine. Lets not BITCH about this, too, like we do everythin else... LETS DO SOMETHINg

12. previous post = all you need to know ...and do so DO IT:hello:

13. The man's a soldier.

14. He damn sure is, Brizzly. I have written and emailed everyone from Washington, to the DOJ, and everyone in between. Find your state reps, fed reps, and all reps, and email them, if nothing else.

And be outside the courthouse where Marc is, if you can! Thousands of stoners demanding justivce for the man is the least we can do for this soldier.

Kick their asses, Marc! WE ARE WITH YOU!

15. shit im gonna call the congressman of samoa and see what he has to say about it. Id say everyone go to the congress building but wed probably all be mugged/shot before they day ended

16. He did you know break the law guys.

17. "Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.

If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law."

-Henry David Thoreau

and 'when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

...He sold seeds - people should be outraged. If his court hearing is anywhere near me, im going. I hope others do the same, otherwise i'll look like a jackass standing outside

18. Since we may have a hard time busting him out of a federal penitentiary, we should all bake brownies or some other edible and bring them to him while he's in the joint.

19. And we do get stuff done, when we have the balls to take the risk, stand strong and remain true. Prospect Hill in this video helped us with Question 2 decrim in MA and then helped us get some concessions from the Mayor trying to add a $300 markup for smoking anywhere in the city of Methuen. We recorded video, even smoked it and challenged, encouraged people to come down to support us. And the Mayor noted it laughed, front page story. We show up and act nice and get a compromise, we never agreed with the Mayor and city council but they respected us and moved towards us. And they noted that they respected how we acted and who we are...We arent going to get it all over night but when you show up and act nice, you do get something even if you lose..

Here's my latest with them from Saturday night....

MikeCann.net: Prospect Hill "Break Down" 2009; MikeCann.net Loves Prospect Hill and They Love Him Back

20. "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

Time to act.