Marc Emery to Appear in Court Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by SlipperyPete, Sep 20, 2009.

1. for all you canadians out there im sorry that my country is retarded. i hope this shit doesnt fly and gets repealed or somethin

2. Yea hopefullt he gets right back on track where he left off, when he is released. From what i have seen(mainly videos and such,interviews,ect) he is a pretty chill guy. Its nice that he made a deal for just 5 years too. He could have gotten 25 years without parole. THAT is how fucked up our goverment is, tehy probably would have done it, too.

3. To Our Canadian Friends, We are so sorry that our DEA prosecuted a foreing citizen on forieng soil for doing nothing unlaful in his own country. The law states that the importer is responsable for the law, not the exporter. But also to our Canadian friends, he could have been charged, and all the candian gov had to doo was tell the us to fuck off, but the bowed, just like the UK bowed and let the Justice Dept sue online gambling sites and make them pay millions for allowing US customers, this whole trail and series of events was a sad farce and abuse of power!

4. Why apologize for the mistakes of our shitty DEA . We did not support the DEA in extraditing marc so why share the blame ???

Its complete bull shit that he would even get a single year for such a worthless "offense" . America needs a reform in all branches of the government .:mad:

5. listen, canada never extradited marc emery, and the U.S. DEA is not out patrolling canada, the U.S. government requested the extradition of marc emery over a year ago, the canadian government never said that they would do it, marc turned himself in.

....and to the OP who said this doesn't affect america, he sold over 4 million seeds to american citizenz, i'm not saying that this should be illegal, but the way the books are written now that's a no no.:(

6. I said 5 years wasn't that bad but I was comparing it to the 15 or more I thought he was going to get.

Any amount of time is clearly unjustified and just the government using scare tactics to show that marijuana is dangerous, but I was just saying in comparison to more years he could have gotten.

7. [quote name='skatealex2']thats cool. i think he was getting 15 years originally :smoking:

it'll be interesting to see if he comes up with any good legalization ideas during his time in prison.

How's he gonna survive 5 years with out weed?[/QUOTE]

believe me he's gonna have no trouble getting weed in prison. our government is is arrogaant it realy pissed me off

8. The RCMP arrested him on behalf of the DEA. When he turned himself in last monday, it wasn't by choice. He had to, so they could extradite him, which they did.

9. Fascism, racism, paranoid megalomania, suicidal nihilism, pathological generational genocidal mania, corruption, and good old fashioned hate and fear come to mind, but that's just the short list...

peace and pot

10. Tommy didn't even sell bongs he just let a company use his name i don't think he was even gaining money from it. Only reason he went to prison is because he volunteered to go so DEA and whoever else would stop harassing his wife and kids.

11. Marc Emery is a symbol of the US invasion of Canada and the incremental erosion of our sovereignty. We are being gobbled up, same as China is gobbling up eastern Russia.

Look up the cases of Const. David Laing and White Rock here.

Add to that the US losing the Salmon War, and the US govt. started hitting BC harder. The DEA has two offices in Canada and it should have none. Our RCMP are puppets to prohibitionist forces.

Good news on that front, cut backs will mean 20% fewer recruits in the next graduating class.

Back to my original point, all of this is about the power elite exercising hegemony.

peace and pot

12. All i can do is hope it goes well for the undisputed PRINCE OF POT!!