MARC EMERY "prince of pot"

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by toke, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Close to being extradited, not cool, i think america the country i live needs to hop off his nuts and fuck off!!!!!!! Let him do his thing. He needs our help. Watch this Vid, good vid rate and comment, its also on cnn.com, comment on there so it goess on tv and that fuck obama sees it.

2. #2 dy-no-mite3000, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    Ur a fuck, not Obama. Second, the extradiction process for ME started back during the Bush Era.
    Technically Marc willingly broke some (U.S. not Canadian) Federal laws with his whole sending seeds with intent of illegal vegging or whatever the deal is. Emery is basically a martyr for the decriminalization/legalization of Marijuana. His peaceful acts of defiance and from what I heard his willingness to go to Seattle to stand trial on the grounds knowing he'll probably be locked up but the message of awareness it'll bring. It ain't exactly like Marc is the Rosa Parks of the weed revolution, but he is taking his high profile case and the long awareness to the situation he has shared with everyone about it.

If you sit and read a few articles on the whole ordeal or have seen 1-2 of the docs about M.E. you'll have a better understanding about what it's all about and the unfortunate and dumb situation he's been stuck in, and also how it's disgusting that Canada is willing to deport a natural born citizen of their own to foreign country to stand charges on a nonviolent crime. (Atleast I heard a story a while ago where Canadian officials were willing to follow through with a deportation request.)

p.s. You gotta love Tommy Chong though, when he and that sell out Cheech were on WWE Raw 2 weeks ago, Tommy wore his FREE MARC shirt the whole broadcast.

Name-calling isn't cool here, man. -JD

3. Why would you say Cheech is a sellout? Not agreeing or disagreeing, just want to know your reasonings. And I saw the Free Emery shirt, I loved it! :smoking:

4. not only is it a non violent crime it is also a crime that in canada carrys an average sentence of a 200 dollar fine.

5. Thanks hobo, I didn't want to start going into deeper into things than I could remember off the top of my head with some of the details that are just mindboggling.

As far as Cheech being a sellout, when he first "came back" and started doing movies and voice overs etc he said in numerous interviews how he doesn't get high, that part of his life is behind him and has a family now this and that typical politically correct b.s. statements. Which you know to each their own, if he decided that he didn't want to enjoy the things that popularized him and made him rich, so be it. He goes on to make a Disney film or two and being in the background for other films making his bank then he goes out and goes on this Cheech and Chong reunion tour for the past year making bank off that as well off the things he once renounced and from things I've heard not seen myself any pot references on the tour are more dominately Chong oriented.
    I could be all wrong on this and he said he loves pot and this and that with his legacy etc and I missed it, however on the PG rated WWE Raw show 2 weeks ago, Cheech left the room and when Chong was alone in the room the Leprechaun came to him and offered him "Magical Lucky Charms" which made them see groovy with the camera using a psychadelic colour effect for our obvious second charms hand highs. Only Chong took part in the enjoyment and obvious and expected references to what made them famous, which Cheech the sell out decided to make money off of again.

6. A quote I like (I think it's from the Union or somewhere else) about Marc Emery's extradition is "If someone buys a machine gun from Colt through the mail, the police don't go to Colt to press charges".

7. ^This, why is it marc emery's fault that someone bought a product that's considered illegal in their area? If i had salvia mailed to me (its illegal here) no one would care the company that shipped it to me, i would get in trouble for having possession of that illegal product.

8. #8 dumped43, Mar 18, 2010
    this this this this this this this.

MARC DIDNT BREAK ANY AMERICAN LAWS, because he was in CANADA. he simply has a legitimate business in his country that sells marijuana seeds. thats all he did. he had a business.

now, AMERICAN PEOPLE purchased the seeds. these people broke an american law. absolutely. but marc emery never did IMO. how do you break an american law in canada? AMERICAN LAWS DONT APPLY IN CANADA.

this whole thing is a sad situation that just shows how fucked up the us federal govt really is.

edit: will he be having a jury trial? im assuming so... everyone gets the opportunity right? if so, hopefully the jury sees how fuckin stupid this all is and he will get sent back home a free man. but im not sure i have that much faith in the american people (actually i know i dont)

9. #9 ReallyRed, Mar 18, 2010
    i've talked to some americans that don't believe that...

though, most of those are the type of hicks that are content to slap around their kids and yet yell that abortion is wrong, that every child is sacred. (not trying to threadjack, just using this as an example.)

10. Marc Emery did nothing illegal...Seeds ARE LEGAL TILL CULTIVATED.

they all pissed because he was selling seeds and making money..they got jelious because hes making good money and everyone else is sad working at mcdonalds :rolleyes:. *no offence to people working at mcdonalds but the wages suck*

WEED = good cash = big companys jelious = lies. there is no hell were living in it

11. The guy thinks he's the cannibus messiah...

There are a lot of innocent stoners in much worse legal trouble than this guy.

12. At least this is getting a lot of publicity. I saw him on the NatGeo Channel's documentary on cannabis. I thought what he was doing was pretty awesome. I wish we had a store like his in the U.S. I didn't know he actually got caught until today. I saw Chong wearing a Free Marc shirt on some news show.

Fighting against the United States' war on drugs without stepping foot in the U.S. is amazing. Think of how many plants there were, and probably still are because of him. I found a cool video he made on youtube hours before he was arrested...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGWP9MwOdK0]YouTube - Marc Emery's Marching Orders - Goodbye for now...[/ame]

13. I also assume he would, but would it be a jury of Canadians or Americans?

14. Jury of Americans. As I believe Marc said, you are entitled to a fair trial with a jury of your peers. Foreign citizens are not peers.

15. yeah... though if he does end up in the US (afaik he hasn't been sent yet as the people that need to sign his papers are procrastinating on that) and he is facing a jury of foreigners and not his peers, they won't likely let it be called a mistrial... and i'll bet they'll get the most biased and hateful people on the jury also.

basically, i fear that if he is actually sent down there, he'll be screwed.

16. He`s in hiding `till the MAN comes.....................

17. Stupid warnings for responding to stupid fools blaming Obama for Emery's situation. great. :(

btw TexRx, ain't we all hidin from the man? :D

18. Im sorry to say but Marc dug his own grave on this one.... He sold seeds knowing that they would be cultivated on U.S. soil.... Laws were broken and he knew what was going on... Marcs hunger for money and fame is what provoked his arrest not uptight federal officials.. He sold millions of seeds to US citizens knowing that they would be cultivated on US soil, im sorry but theres no easy way out of this one... It was just a matter of time before he was dealt with.

19. Overgrow the government :smoking:

20. :rolleyes: Yes, we are all hidin` from tha MAN!!!! :eek:....................