Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marajuana has 3x more tar than cigs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GreenRangerFOH, Aug 13, 2012.

1. The difference between smoking weed and smoking cigs is, tobacco paralyzes your cilia so that they can't clean out your lungs. Cannabis does not paralyze your cilla, so they can still clean the smoke particles out of your lungs.

2. There's no fucking way this is true. I've smoked blunts on blunts the day before and day of a lacrosse game/practice. Never had any problems. Occasionally I'd smoke a cig or two the day before practice. And while running every time I would breathe it was really hard and I kept making this terrible wheezing sound.

3. Any burning of plant matter leaves a tar product. And just fyi, THC is a bronchial dilator, which expands airways to the lungs. THC has been proven as treatment for asthma.

4. this is the best thread on gc

5. no one has gotten lung cancer from weed. which means it obviously has some anti lung cancer effect. marijuana contains more resin than tobacco. but that resin is not radioactive nor will it give you cancer. the studies claiming this are extremely misleading trying to get people to think marijuana is 10x worse than cigs when in actuality the tar from marijuana isn't nearly as bad as RADIOACTIVE tar in tobacco.

6. Look how much resin is in your piece. That is just from the smoke passing through, imagine how res'd up your lungs are.

7. [quote name='"Frotto"']Look how much resin is in your piece. That is just from the smoke passing through, imagine how res'd up your lungs are.[/quote]

i wish i could scrape em.

8. There is a mucous like membrane on the inside surface of your lungs that works to keep your lungs clean, so resin doesnt stay in your lungs.

9. [quote name='"GreenRangerFOH"']

Dude...please refrain from calling people "retarted". lmfao[/quote]

I was never tarted the first time

Damn now i want sweettarts

10. its not like Bad tarall its just resin.

11. let me put it this way: cigarettes produce tar... practically what you see in driveways... a bowl of kush will just cause some resin :)

12. I can't really take anything too serious from soneone who calls weed marijuana. If you would have called it cannabis maybe I would pay attention to what you were saying. :D

13. dude i really want to know wtf the difference is to u? cuz that sounds childish as fuck.

14. The plant is called cannabis, not marijuana, and the tar found in bud is nothing like the tar found in cigarettes. :eek:

15. [quote name='"Tree Of Life"']The plant is called cannabis, not marijuana, and the tar found in bud is nothing like the tar found in cigarettes. :eek:[/quote]

The plant is called cannabis, not bud

16. Okay guys, it's marijuana.

17. [quote name='"Tree Of Life"']Okay guys, it's marijuana.[/quote]

:confused: yess thats the name of it.... *sigh*

18. [quote name='"Tree Of Life"']Okay guys, it's marijuana.[/quote]

Oh.. I thought it was meth

19. Yeah u can stfu now

20. Oh, I thought you weren't being an ass...

Follow your own advice man.