Marajuana growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cameron11j, Jan 1, 2017.

1. So I just bought a 65w LED (for my seedlings) and I was wondering, do the lights have to produce heat in order for the plant to grow? Many people I have taked to have been saying they don't, as long at there is light, but I'm not see, does the LED have to produce light in order for a plant to grow?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. no the lighs themselves don't have to produce heat, but YOU DO need a controlled environment, ie heaters and airconditioners and humidifiers/dehumidifiers

3. I also have a 125 heat lamp, could I use the 65watt lamp for sprouting the seeds and than the 125 for growing? And how come you don't have to have the light produce heat?

4. heat lamp for growing? don't think so... get a MH/HPS combo. like 100 bucks on amazon. and usually people try to get RID of the heat from the lights. that's why alot of people use air cooled hoods or tubes

5. You only need heat if it's cold in your veg area. Heat will stress the plants, slow growth and stretching.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So you don't need the light to produce heat in order to grow, just normal led light would do it??

7. Led's most definitely produce heat.... Put 1000 actual watts of led in a tent and see if the temp stays the same o_O but whether they produce heat or not is irrelevant the only thing that's relevant is maintaining your plants ideal temp regardless of how much heat output you have...

8. Okay, but what you are saying, is plants don't need heat to grow? They just need the light?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Everything needs light and heat to grow. But no as long as the room you are growing in is atleast 65degrees you don't need more heat.

10. Okay, so say the room is 65 degrees, i would have to keep lt like that via ventilation and more heat to keep t at that temp?

• Like Like x 1
  11. No you will be able to tell if it get too hot. 65degrees to 80 is fine in my veg