Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marajuana Brownies with Coconut Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by curlyfries0414, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Hey there guys,
    I have some questions about the brownies
    Ive cooked brownies 10-15 times and i cook alot in my spare time. As a huge marajuana consumer and a fat guy, i love to make marajuana anything! I would love to hear your guys tip and hope you can answer my questions

What is your choice butter or coco oil?
    When you use coco oil do you need to add water?
    When baking the brownies, does the coco oil cause it to cook faster (should i lower the temp)?
    High Quality Medical Bud or Regs?
    Besides brownies, what other individual treats are dank and fun to cook?
    Does mixing strains make a difference?
    How long and what temperature would you bake the brownies (betty crocker mix) since i used coconut oil?
    Im making these for an older man in my neighborhood. He has back issues and says that edibles help him so much. Is that because of the CBD or just the body high you get from edibles? If so what should i do to help him out.

If you cant answer some questions dont worry just gimme what you got. Any tips or advice is welcome. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I used the bobs brownie mix with the canna coco oil I made following badkats tek. It worked really good, I think recipe called for 1/4 cup oil so I just did a mixture of special and regular coconut oil. I used high quality nugs to make it but if I had access to regs I would use that. I just followed recipe on package.

Other thing I like to make are chocolates. Coconut oil, cacao powder, honey are main ingredients.

Enjoy!

3. Did you add water when you were cooking the brownies?

4. I can't remember, I just followed the bobs brownie mix package instructions to a t.

5. If that brownie recipe requires some water in the mix to thin it out, add moisture or what-have-you, then add water while baking the brownies.  This probably helps regulate the temperature while baking, and this is a good thing.  The oven may be 375 degrees while baking, but the interior of the brownie stays cooler than this for most of the heating time.

I've made Canna Coconut Oil following BK's tek as well, with great success.  I usually just eat it plain or mix it in Coffee or Tea.  Theoretically, You should be able to operate physically burning ingested fat like coconut oil (but when you mix in processed wheat flour and sugar into the mix, your F'd).  At NO point in that process of making the oil should you add water, it interferes with the binding of THC etc. with the OIL.  Once you have processed everything (1. Decarbed 2. Heat oil and erb (and lecithin optional) 3. Freeze. (repeat 2 and 3 if desired for a total of 1.5-4 hours heating time at 210-220 degrees F)), frozen for 8-24 hrs minimum.  ONce all that is done, you use coconut oil in your brownie recipe.  And i guess you might want to strain the oil, too.  I've been using nylon mesh tea bags cut open with the oil not very hot at all, 

6. Thanks man your alot of help. When watching people on youtube or googleing it alot of ppl say to add water to regulate the temperature. Thought that was dumb so i didnt do it.

On the other hand, do you need to freeze the oil before making the brownies? Also can you link me to BK's tek recipe. Thanks

7. Its at the top of this forum section. Badkat.
    You do a few freezes/thaws before you use the oil. The more the better

8. Is it necessary?

9. And where can i buy lecithin

10. Healthfood stores (chamberlins, whole foods, trader joes, etc.) or online. 
    Yes it seems to be the general consensus that it makes a good deal difference. 

11. What temp should i cook the brownies since
    Coco oil burns faster?

I probably wont have time to freeze, should i just use vegetable oil if i cant freeze it

12. No what ever you do, dont use vegetable oil. Dont rush this thing man. Take your time. Im gonna message you a condensed version of badkats canna coco oil tek. Follow it to the T and u will be good. 

13. #13 Afghancamel, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013

What wegrass just said  :wave:

Here is the link for the benefit of other browsers of this thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-22#entry11299348

and here is the one to BKs thread

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

Follow the directions exactly and you won't go wrong.

Once you've made the oil you can use it in any standard cake/cookie/brownie/muffin recipe. If using coconut oil in place of butter in a particular recipe or packet mix, use 3/4 as much oil as for butter called for by the recipe unless, like me, you don't particularly care how the things look and taste. I'll put 120mls of oil in a half-batch of BKs Canna Chocoalate Cookies and the recipe calls for only 90mls  :lol:

Have fun  :D

14. #14 Afghancamel, Nov 22, 2013

Trust me, I have gone right into this aspect of edibles.

If you haven't burnt your cakes/cookies/brownies/muffins, you haven't damaged your oil in any way.

You will have "progressed" the oil by an amount just short of the cooking time for the recipe, but that is a subject for another post/day.

Have fun  :D

15. #15 Afghancamel, Nov 22, 2013

The freezing is for the purposes of improving bio-availability of the THC and other cannabinoids.

At a molecular level, things expand and contract, causing breakages and shattering. This increases their ability to pass through the barriers in the lining of our stomach etc..

An oil that has been frozen for 24+ hours will definitely have an increased efficacy, regardless of when that freeze was applied.

Freeze/thaw cycles are built into most of BKs tutorials, but regardless of that you can't overdo them. I put my oils through at least two 24+ hour freezes before I'll use any of it. What I don't use right away will be put through several more cycles before it has run out.  As I said, you cannot overdo it.

Freeze for 24 hours, thaw in ice box for 24 hours then back into the freezer = one cycle for me  :)

t

In the health food section of the supermarket. Soy lecithin is what you are after. It is used by a lot of people in home-made soups and the like - it's a natural food flavor enhancer. Some makers use it in chocolate, for example.

Remember though, it's soy lecithin you are after. It has particular qualities that make it special to us.

17. Lets just say i dont have time to freeze it, will they comeout bad?

It isn't critical, but it is highly desirable.

Don't worry if you can't do it this time. If your oil is half way decent it is going to work well regardless.

It's just that freeze/thaw cycles are really effective at improving bio-availability.

Do them whenever you can, as often as you can, but don't lose any sleep over not having been able to get it into the processing of any one particular oil  :D

19. Your such a great help man thank you. Ill message you if i have any other problems.

Any time, happy to help. wegrass is tuned into this stuff too, so you won't get any BS from him/her  :D