Maple Syrup?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by token2004, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Anyone else tapping trees this year?
    So far we have about 60 trees tapped.. we have about 400 feet of 1/4 inch hos running through the bush into 30 gallon drums to collect our sap.. from there we have a outdoor wood-fire stove and we have a single pan about 4X4 feet and 8 inches deep that we use to boil.. then we finish it off on a turkey deep fryer.. :hello:

So far we have only yielded about 8 litres of complete syrup.. but its SO DAMN GOOD! :D

2. Sounds to trill to be true.

3. $20 a bottle + shipping. ;)

4. I made syrup before along with my brother. We had about 250 trees tapped, but we didn't have the hose, we went old school with the spigot and bucket method. We still got about 20 gals of maple syrup. Just to show how much work it is, it takes anywhere from 45-50 gallons of sap water to make one gallon of syrup. Me and my brother would have lugged less water if we had a grow op in the same woods.

5. I go on rides and hikes in the state forests and I see alot of trees tapped, this time of year and also in the fall. Have you guys ever made those little sugar cakes you can make out of sap?? Maybe its just an native American thing but I can't eat more than one without puking of two much sweetness haha. (not a bad thing:p)

6. dude 20 a bottle isnt bad if its a big bottle as at target its like 22 bucks for nice jug size lol.

i used to love fresh syrup dude

7. my man, i am in sarnia ontario, and you are in ontario, maybe i can save the shipping and get some of this maple syrup, i put that shit on everything.

8. will take you up on that if serious good sir, perfect addition to these:
    [​IMG]

9. Up in North Bay, but Im in Barrie/Toronto every second weekend usually.. Ill ask my dad and see what we can do.. :D

@sinsemillaswimm
    Like I said Ill ask my dad.. hes in charge of the operation and Im not sure if he really wants to sell any of it or reap the benefits for just our family :eek:

10. that looks so canadian dude, its awesome. I wish we had the trees to tap down here, i was born up near timmins but that was long ago and couldnt do that when i was young.

im in the gta often so if you do go down there this maple syrup deal needs to go down!

11. sweet, that'd be the freakin shit

12. This is last weekends batch.. multiply everything you see by exactly two because our family friend gets exactly half for helping out.:D

Next weekend should be a slightly bigger batch.. then that'll prolly be about it.
    ;)

p.s. the color of the syrup is different towards the left because the sun is shining through a window on the right.. also ignore the price stickers on the jugs that's only how much we paid for them empty.. lmao

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      128.3 KB
      Views:
  13. holy shingongs man! i couldnt think of a different word to desribe that great picture. Can i make it my avatar?

14. nevermind i was going to do it anyway but its too big :(

Thats still so awesome. In the end your going to have DOUBLE that? your lucky man :(