Maple Syrup?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by NYC Diesel, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hi, im planning on using maple syrup as as a substitute for molasses. Is there anything in 100% maple syrup i should look out for that isnt good for my plants?

2. #2 Chunk, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    Pure maple syrup has b vitamins and pretty much the same micro nutrients as molasses, it's just more expensive. It shouldn't hurt your plants though.

3. Plus if you bring some waffles with you during watering you can enjoy the same nutrients as your plants.

4. eh just got molasses man why not? not hard to find and that way you dont gotta worry about anything, unsulfured blackstrap would be the best. i got mine from whole foods, but im sure they have it other places. vitamin shoppe, maybe jewel and all those type places. doesnt make quite sense to me if your gonna go out and buy something, why not move your hand 2 inches to the right and get the molasess? most places it have it in the maple syrup isle by the maple syrup. no need to be difficult..

5. A little over $2 for unsulphured molasses at Wal-mart as well.

6. Im too lazy to go out and buy some molasses at the moment, and all i have is maple syrup haha. But in few weeks maybe if im inspired enough ill go out and buy some unsulphered molasses.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. how and when is molasses applied?

8. As long as you avoid the cheap stuff, with high fructose corn syrup, and stick to pure maple, it's probably ok, but I'm still a fan of molasses, especially the blackstrap kind.

Just don't get high and eat your own plant.:D

9. #9 Corto Malteze, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009

veg and esp. flowering, and esp.in last 3-4 weeks. 1-2 TBS per gallon. Contains K.

10. Either is good for K and especially good for flushing the last 3-4 weeks.

11. ok thanks. Once i get some free time this weekend i may pick up some molasses when i get some more lights.

12. Not planning on using maple syrup, but you've got me wondering now, which would be better, light amber, medium, dark or grade B, or do you think it would make no difference?

13. um look on the nutritional value table. I would assume the darkest colored syrup would be the most rich in nutrients good for the plant, but i honestly would need to know the nutritional values and brand. Is it 100% maple syrup?

14. awesome thanks! +rep

15. In the last weeks, many growers only use molasses.

16. Man get out and get some air. I have a stoner neiphor that stayed in the house till he got the phycosis and was scared to be outside at the end of it .He had to go for shock treatments and as far as I can see he's no better. I think we all should try to do a little more than we do as tokers(no motivation) Shithead p.s. Maple will work in a crunch.lol

17. i go out shithead..just not to the store.

18. lol i was talking to the guy with username shithead, that can be kinda confusing i guess haha. yea well i just watered with some 100% maple syrup, had 54g of carbs 54g of sugar, potassium, magnesium, protein. thats all in one serving, i used about 1/4 of a serving.(a little under a TBS)

19. Why not to the store? I think I know why...rofl...the same as me.:rolleyes: Peace Shithead:wave:

20. haha yea its great to sit and watch the sunset baked as balls