Many questions about PC Grow Boxes and growing in general? I'd love some info.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DreamsFlyHigh, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hey there.
    This is my second attempt at growing, and I'd like to try creating a PC Grow Box. I don't really see much about it except old threads here and there, but for the most part, nada. My first time didn't really go that well because I attempted to grow it outdoors and ants destroyed it. I've never grown ANYTHING before, so please simplify things for someone who's not accustomed to building, growing, etc.. Anyways, I'll stop rambling, I've got a couple questions that I'd love for anything to answer. Warnings and tips are welcome too :)

- What size PC would be appropriate for ONE or two plants? I'd like it to be stealthy and bend it over to grow when it gets too big, but yeah..
    - What kind of lights and how many would I need? Can I buy it at a radio shack or something? I'd prefer if I only needed one, but those that grow would know more I suppose.
    - How do you go about building one? Do you just take the side off and go from there? How do you put in the light/hook it up?
    - Do I just use a pot or a cup or what?
    - If I use a pot, will watering it cause it to leak from the bottom, or should I use one without holes?
    - How do I keep the light AND smell from coming out? I'd really prefer stealth, it's a must.
    - How much would this all cost me?
    - When I plant a seed, do I put one in a pot or multiple in the pot?
    - If I bought the seed of a strain, like Northern Lights, how long would it take before I can harvest it?
    - What kind of soil should I use and where can I buy it?
    - Would Scott's gardening soil be appropriate? Although it does say I'm supposed to mix it with other soil...
    - Do I need any pesticides or fertilizers? Any brand names or where they can be purchased?
    - Are there any precautions I need to take to keep it from bugs or things that are detrimental to my plant? (It will be indoors, however)
    - I know it won't be top quality, this is mainly for experience, but will it at least end up decent if I follow through with everything?
    - How often should I water it as a seed and then as it grows?
    - Should I give it 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness? Are certain times better than others?
    - Are there any extra things I should know?
    - What's a good excuse for an extra PC that won't lead to questioning, curiosity, or skepticism?

Thank you very much if you read through all of this and took the time to answer my many questions! It would be awesome if those that answer check on this thread occasionally because sometimes questions lead to more questions haha. I want to be 100% sure I'm doing everything correctly. Again, thank you, and have a good day! :)