ManInTheMirror's 600+ watt CFL grow + more

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ManInTheMirror, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Day 46 flowering.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All of the above pics are from what I consider the better plant, it has a friuty smell that wouldn't really require a carbon scrubber.
    Below is from the other plant, the buds aren't as full as I'd like them to be but I'm hoping they'll fill in a bit. It has a really strong skunky smell. The strains appear to be very different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what I've been doing in the mother/cloning/veg space, nothing special, planning on messing with some SOG soon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. can anyone else spell AWESOME!

far out man, a great result so far for someone just starting out, i'm on my first grow and none of plants look any where near ready to be as good as yours, fantastic work there!

keep doing what you're doing!

3. awesome looking grow man. It's like a bigger version of mine. Can't wait to see the final product, that's gonna be some GREAT bagseed!!!

4. #24 sourjello73, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    Nice dude. Nice nice nice!! Are all your seeds from the same sack? The plants look the same. The lighting seems very effective as well, I'm going to change my lighting to be more like how yours is set up. Excellent grow! Keep it up ManInTheMirror!

Edit:
    Nevermind! I see you have two different strains. Nice, dont worry those buds will fill in on the skunky ones. The pistils are still very long and some strains take longer to develop than others

5. Thanks for all the kind words guys, here's a little update of what's going on.

[​IMG]
    These are some clones of the better plant, I put them into dark right after taking this pic and will start flowering them in my experimental box. I'll be passing them off to a friend within a week or so. I'll update pics of the small box finished stuffed with plants later.

[​IMG]
    Here's the mom's, the middle sized one looks a little rough but I plan on pulling it after harvest unless I'm really impressed with the finished product. The bigger one is the better genetics so far, the smaller one is a clone from a friends plant that seems to be fairly good bagseed also.

And now some pics of the fruit.:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's a side by side of the 2 different strains.

[​IMG]
    The skunky plant is starting to fill in a bit, it still smells danky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lights out, thanks for stoppin by, deuce guys.:wave:

6. This is what i aspire to be like!

if my CFL grows look anywhere near half as good as this i'll be happy with myself

great to see those girls triching up!

7. WOW! You are a champ my friend and have definately inspired me with you veging chamber. Thank you!

Cheers:D

8. You just shitted on most HID users.

With cfls.

Fuck you. :smoke:

9. For real.:eek:

10. :hello::hello::hello:

You my friend are one helluva green thumb! :D

Congrats on the bag seed! Looks delicious. :smoke:

11. Hey there yall, I really want to say that I appreciate all of the comments, had me blushing when I saw them. Really have nothing but this site to thank, so much help, I literally couldn't grow anything before GC entered my life.

So here's the little box filled with plants, 9 total. I managed to squeeze 152 watts in there while maintaining a temp under 85. I'm thinking of a way to stick another 50 watts in but it's only 1 sqft by 2 ft high so it's a bit tight on space.
    [​IMG]
    I'm giving these to a friend within the next week. I plan on seeing how much I can possibly yield out of 2 sqft, so I took the clones below to replace the above plants. I'm going to try for a 16 plant SOG using tennis ball containers for pots. It may be a total failure but maybe not, kind of an experiment and learning experience for myself.
    [​IMG]

Here's some bud shots, day 57 flowering. I've started my flushing and am keeping my eye on the trichs, no amber yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a little nuggy I plucked for my birthday, dried it for a few days and gave it my first ever trim job.:)
    [​IMG]
    Smelt like cut grass but smoked way better than I expected. Can't wait to try some that's ripe and cured proper. Thanks for reading, catch you on the flip blades.:wave:

12. Lil update, day 61 flowering

[​IMG]

I'm very excited, put a bud on the nicer plant under the scope earlier and the trichs are all milky and about 15ish% amber. I'm going for 50/50 because this website suggests it and ya'll have only given the greatest of advice so far. I plan on giving them about 3 days of darkness before chop and I'm wondering if I should wait 3-4 days for the trichs to get 50/50 and then start the dark cycle or if I should start the dark cycle sooner and let them finish while that's going on. Any input would be sweet. It's not super important because I think I can deal with a little couch lock if they go for a bit too long.:smoke:
    [​IMG]

Anywho, I've got a new bong on the way, nothing too fancy but I haven't bought new glass in over 5 years or so. To break it in I chopped 1 of the smaller branches off, not even noticeable.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    So there's my very first trim job, not the best, I plan on getting lots of practice. Peace blades:wave:

13. Sick, don't forget a smoke report.

14. Very nice work mate... Great to see the CFL's going hard!!

15. Looks awesome. Im working on something similar, bout 4sq ft, and using a bubble bucket instead of soil

Subscribed

16. awesome cabs and grows man! thanks for sharing!

17. that's a nice trim job

i would put them into darkness before they are 50/50

in fact with 20% amber, you'd have a hard time picking a better time for a dark period than right now mate, although at the end of the day it's up to you

have the pistils retracted and shrivelled yet?

18. Thanks for all the comments guys, and thanks for the advice Kazkin. The gals are in the dark period right now, I waited a few extra days because I think I jumped the gun on the amber trichs. I plan on takin them out of dark and choppin on saturday or sunday. On the good plant almost all pistils have retracted, and on the "other" plant some have but some were still white. I may be chopping the lesser plant a bit early but I didn't feel like going through all the trouble of separating them earlier. Anyway, sorry for no pics, I'll have a big harvest update soon. Also, sorry for not responding very quickly, I go through a lot of trouble to make sure I take proper security measures. Peace y'all.