Manifolding outdoor plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ktmgrower, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I started these late this year. About a month old or so now. This is just an experiment I'm doing.

There in s mix of fox farm soil with the frog , some perlite, and some top soil from under the brush pile at my place

None of the sexes are known for any plants
    I did take some clones from each one just to check with a 12-12 photoperiod

I topped the big one first about a little over a week ago , just topped it again Friday so two days ago and it's coming back strong . The big one I'm manifolding for 8 colas the small ones I'm topping for 4.

Anyhow I have maybe another months tops until they start to induce flower I'm in Massachusetts so whichever are female should finish by October

These pictures were just taken today

This one is the oldest around a month 1/2 it had a rough start to its life for the first two weeks but has been great ever since, this one I'm 100% sure it's pure sativa with those long finger leaves
    I hope it's a female [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's one of the young ones just topped yesterday
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Anyone have any input that would be great
    Follow along these will be planted in the ground very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Total bag seed -_-so this is just a shot in the dark I'm hoping for at least 2 female out of 5 plants. But yeah man I followed a couple of your threads just reading through its nice to see a grow log like yours with great detail on the photos and straight forward results of the methods you followed . I see many threads but not many informative like yours

3. [​IMG]
    Tied this one down to help it grow more horizontal. I want a perfect manifold stem structure

• Like Like x 1
  4. if you havent done that to all of your other plants then look into possibly manifolding with sticks and zipties like in this vid by just sliding the tops to the sides when they get taller and let the inner nodes catch up. This way you can end up with desired shape without having to cut any main part of the plant which will rob veg production time thus reducing yield especially outdoors where time is limited. Also if youre going to transplant again, consider digging up the main stem quite a bit to give it more support cuz it looks like your manifold is going to sit kinda tall, more like a tree making it more susceptible to harsh winds. I think its already starting to get the tower of pisa effect lol jp

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah man when I transplant I'm going to dig deep into the ground probably 2.5 ft or so and fill with my soil mix I was thinking about the tall stem myself ending up weak later and snapping . But yeah time is of the essence and there isn't much maybe another months tops before they start to induce flower. Next year I'll be way ahead of th ball game though. Thank you very much for the info and reply . Good luck !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kinda really late to be starting outdoor plants. They will be in full flower in a couple weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. For this area? (Mass) I was told like end of July

Nvm lol that is a couple of weeks I'm stoned haha

8. You're a bit farther north than me but your cold season sets in sooner and way harder than us here in southern California. My plant (the only one this year) is already starting to flower. I expect harvest to be no later than mid September.

9. [​IMG]
    A little more progress on the big one today it's growing pretty well lately!
    [​IMG]these little ones seem to have not been growing great since the initial topping. And show either a nitrogen deficiency or something close I'm not sure though. Anyone have any insight? Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I transplanted the big one that was growing in the container with the lavender. Kinda hurt some of the root zone but it will live. Everything is being moved inside minus the big one which is going to a place so close and hidden in plane sight, landlord is coming and don't wanna hear it. I'll upload some pictures when the DIY clone chamber is done

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    These are the three in one gallon containers topped most recently .. doing okay I guess have 1/2 strength veg nutes today ( flora micro and mollases with root stimulator
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Smoked the double bubbler last night using a hemp wick
    [​IMG]
    Bent this one down today topped once so far will be not be topping again
    [​IMG]
    Put some support wire on to help create a more classic manifold shape. This one is growing nicely still! Hopefully it is female guys!!
    Wish me luck it is lol

I transplanted this one last night the one I mentioned earlier .

• Like Like x 1