Manifold/Clone question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GrowinGovernment, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Greetings all,
    I'm doing my first manifold grow, and I've done a fair bit of research on the process. In doing so I came across a question that I haven't seen addressed yet.

When I go to chop the single stem, basically creating the first manifold on the 3rd/4th node, can I take the piece of growth I've cut off and try to reroot it as a clone?

Seems like an efficient way to do it, idk but any help/advice is appreciated!

2. You can try but it probably won't strike roots or just take a long time since it's only one node. Ideally you want 3-4 nodes on a cut .

3. I gave it a go for the sake of trying, we'll see what happens.... worst case i take a clone before heading into flower.

thanks

4. I clone small undergrowth stems with no problem. Sure, ideally you want a few nodes but almost all of mine just have the cluster of leafs at the end.

I am trying my hand at manifolding a cloned plant, I just tied the upper branches down today, defoliate, but I left the bigger lower stem nodes alone. I rarely reach two months from clone to flip for flower yet get 4-5' plants.

5. I ended up hitting the bagseed lottery and wound up with 7 seeds germed lol. 2 are full plats with 4 heads each at this point, 2 just sprouted and 3 are about to pop from dirt (hopefully). Learning a good bit from my first manifold attempts. Don't think I'll end up trying to clones these as I'd rather get preem seeds and go from there.