Manifesting

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bahookahjoe18, Sep 24, 2013.

1. I really like the idea but i've applied it to my life and it's never worked. I do/did alot of meditation and lucid dreaming pretty much anything that had to do with controlling your mind. So i saw this video that a friend swore by since his higher ups at some pyramid scheme company showed it to him. I was skeptical and gave it a try but nothing ever came of it.

I do however believe in positive thinking and perception will yield results. I guess i see a difference between the two.

Although reading all you're posts are really interesting. I remember you from way back when when you set out on your journey. Glad to see it took you somewhere good.

2. You are intelligent and wise.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Today outside the grocery store I gave a little bit of money to an organization supporting legislation for the protection of transgender youth from bullying and discrimination in schools. 

And then on my bike ride home I found a quarter heads-up.  Good sign :)

I too have thought about losing money or not having enough and then sinking deeper in the pit.

Stay positive and patient.
    Mindfulness.
    It's like, the more mindful you are, the more effectively you can manifest.

Buddhism is about being mindful.  Buddha's travels involved a lot of manifested supernatural abilities.  Jesus too, bread and fish magically feeding thousands.  Water into wine. 

So many philosophies are talking about the same thing in different ways.

I'm not a Christian, but I live my life by something "Jesus" supposedly said:

"<span>“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?</span> <span><sup>26 </sup>Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?</span> <span><sup>27 </sup>Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life<sup>[a]</sup>?</span>
    <span><sup>28 </sup>“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.</span> <span><sup>29 </sup>Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.</span> <span><sup>30 </sup>If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you-you of little faith?</span> <span><sup>31 </sup>So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?' or ‘What shall we drink?' or ‘What shall we wear?'</span> <span><sup>32 </sup>For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.</span> <span><sup>33 </sup>But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.</span> <span><sup>34 </sup>Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.</span>"
    -----------------
    It's such a righteous lesson.  That's how I go through life.  In the moment, living, seeking Truth, being Love. 

I said, "No worries" and decided to hitchhike from West Virginia to the west coast.  I made it across West Virginia, then after one week staying with an old friend before saying "Till who knows when...",
    I found a ride on Craigslist going from the city that I was in all the way to California.

No worries.  Followed my heart.

Got to LA, Venice Beach.  Lived homeless for two weeks.  Learned that I had a career actor cousin in Hollywood.  He invited me to stay with him until my ride that I had set up left for San Francisco, which was a few days.  Turns out we have so much in common that we're basically best friends.  We got an apartment together last month.

I'm glad for your "ramblings".  Ramble to me about manifesting anytime you want.

Design some tests for it and find out.  Seems tricky though.

3. #23 SiriusWolff, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    ^ Very nice post.

i'm all out of likes.

4. Just think about good things that you want and they will come.

[​IMG]

5. Ah, see though?
    "It's never worked."

It hasn't worked yet.
    A key aspect of this is Patience.

Are your goals long-term? Short-term?
    Are they

S pecific
    M easurable
    A ttainable
    R ealistic
    T imeley

enough for you to believe them?

There are no limits with manifesting except the limit of your own beliefs.  Anything is possible for you if you believe it enough.

Something often overlooked with this theory is that the theory is not THINK ABOUT GOOD THINGS AND THEY WILL COME TO YOU.
    The theory is "Every thought you focus on manifests into reality."  If you're trying to manifest but are thinking, "I'm skeptical.  This is probably bullshit" then it will probably turn out to be that way and you won't see the parallels between your positive thoughts and their manifestations.

I found a $10 bill in the desert today when I was looking for cool rocks.

6. Well i tried to manifest everything. From small concepts to big. I spent a month trying it. I meditate alot and am pretty well versed in it and astral projection. So i applied that along with my lucid dreaming towards the subject. I tried to do it scientifically but hey there's alot of unknowns here.

Honestly the events in my life had nothing to do with my personal thoughts or manifestations. It's hard to explain but everything that happened in the last year has been a complete surprise.

I tried hard to stay positive and implement positive thinking and reassurance. I used that as a place to start and imagine that my life would turn around and get better. I thought on it every night. Not like praying but more focusing on what i wanted life to be and thinking of  ways to make it happen but also accepting those changes out of my control and using them in a positive manner.

But nothing ever came out of it. I must just have extremely bad karma or luck. Everything has just gone to hell in the last few years no matter how hard i fought it. Positive thinking is a big coping mechanism that i was taught but it never had any effect. I'd get excited and hopeful about something and in the end it would work out in the worst possible way it could. I felt like i was cursed.

7. How are you doing now?

Well by normal standards i'm doing great. Got a place, going to college, etc. That's mostly due to leaving my ex. I was waiting for her to be ready to move out and start life for so long. I mean by all standards i should be happy and excited but i'm not in anyway.

It's a complicated situation :laughing: .

Everything i want to do is years off and all my friends have disappeared. I'm in a big transitional point in my life.

9. If this were true I would be getting laid all the time

10. Well bud, can't it be looked at in this way?

If by normal standards you're doing great--
    if you're not doing shitty, horrible, in the depths of a bad time--
    then isn't manifesting a better life working?

Sure you could say that. It's just i'm not living the life i want. I'm living the life i'm expected to live. I'm not saying things or bad or good i'm just lost in the middle at the time. I lost everything in the last few months but gained alot. I'm just stuck in a tornado of feelings.

12. What life are you expected to live and who expects you to live it that way?

Well at the moment i want to work in psychiatry to help those like myself. but i have to have a degree for it. There's no other way around it. Also making sure i have health care and such is a big burden on top of having money for a car and insurance and a place. It's just one big sink hole. It just drags you in and the only way out is to up and just give it all up for force your way to the other side. It's just not where i want to be at all but if i want to get where i want to be as an adult and professional i have to see it through.

14. Yeah man, such is the amerikansystem.

Are you in school now?

I don't like to give advice without being asked,

but if you would like any thoughts on what I think about this and manifesting then ask.
    or Google.  There's such a wealth of tips online about manifesting.

Stay positive, brother.

Good news :D
    I got booked for a show today!

15. Beautiful thread.

16. Hey i gotta story of manifestation .. Itz about pussy .. but check this out .. At one point in my life things were not working out too much in my favor .. I thought to myself .. ya know i'd sure would like to relieve some stress by gettin sum pussy but not just by any chick .. I really would want a babe with a big ass to invite me into her bed .. then i kept thinkin that .. like i'd really like sum big butt sex that would be so awesome ..
    Long $tory $hort .. It finally came through and I had the time of my life bcuz the babe that blew my mind had a big ass like oh my god .. it was thee best doggystyle ive ever had bcuz her booty was enormous ... now im trying to see if i can get another thought to manifest ..

Yup this is my first semester. Goin pretty good.

Hey i'd take some tips on it. Can't hurt right?

That's good man.  Every thought that you focus on for long enough will manifest.

I'm glad you're in college dude.

You're on the path to get to where you want to be.  In what ways are you not manifesting your dreams then?

Well my future is going well i'm just trying to work on fulfilling myself in the present also instead of putting everything into the future if ya know what i mean. That's one thing i've been struggling with for a year or so is what can i do now?