Manicuring question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ford, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Simple as I can ask it, how do medical growers or the dispensarys make there bud into this little balls

2. Because you are not getting one giant bud they break them down? Lol

3. #3 Ford, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    LOL but how?

4. They trim them. So usually you're only going to get a few or only one large cola (depending on methods of growing chosen). But typically the lower on the plant the smaller the buds. Because of light penetration. Also, for MMJ dispensaries, the usual patient isn't looking for huge colas to buy. when they manicure and trim them they try to make the buds as uniform as possible. so that way when some kid comes in wanting a gram...they don't have to hack away at one huge cola. Just smarter I suppose in the aspect of business and what patients want. Also, faster and easier drying/curing time....quicker to the shelf ready for sale. I've only been in one dispensary where I live where they had one huge giant cola...which it was for sale, but meant mainly for eye candy and for people to see and check out under a scope and to see what the grow really looks like pre-trimmed up.

5. first off, it depends on how the bud is grown, the strain, etc... more experienced growers use techniques to develop dense buds. you can't grow a fluffy bud and manicure it into a ball. a lot of the "little ball" nugs u are talking about come from larger scale commercial grows that utilize a lot of lighting, nutrients, etc., to develop the densest nugg possible. THen when it is trimmed down it produces the little balls u are talking about.

also other strains simply will not produce balls like that, but more like cones, so it really depends.

additionally, a lot of commercial or larger scale growers use some type of automated/mechanical trimming machine, like a tumbler kindof, that really removes all of the excess and protruding leaves and hairs and stuff, leaving you with very finely manicured buds.

6. Ahhh thank you guys