Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mango?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by watchalwayon420, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ok guys I have been smoking for a good while now, and have recently read on here about something to do with mango and getting higher, please please tell me that this isn't just the strain of marijuana, as that would kill my hopes of fruit getting me even more blazed. If eating mango or whatever you do with it gets you higher how? And is that what you do is eat it? I mean for real... this sounds crazy... but im willing to try anything to get a better longer lasting high

2. apparently eating a mango about an hour prior to smoking increases the high. something about mycrene helping thc to be absorbed into to the bloodstream faster.

not 100% sure, someone will be able to answer better that i can.

haven't tried it myself yet, but it's on the agenda for the upcoming summer!

3. Is the fucking search button broken? If i see one more sodding mango thread I'll go blind.

YES it can aid your high in some cases. This iss due to terpines in the mango. You can search the bloody rest, I'm not arsed being scientific right now.

4. [quote name='"dannydrama"']Is the fucking search button broken? If i see one more sodding mango thread I'll go blind.[/quote]

I hear mangos are good for your eyes.

5. Me and my bf tried it, we were blown away at how much "higher" we got! Those yellow mangos are the best for it imo.

6. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

I hear mangos are good for your eyes.[/quote]

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd like that post. You devious bastard.

7. I'm about to give it a go an hour out, I've tried it just before I smoked, I'm not sure if it did much

8. make sure it's nice and ripe too, they gain more mycerin the riper they get if I'm not mistaken.

9. Anybody know if a Mango smoothie will do the trick or does it have to be a natural mango fruit? I drank a mango Arizona tea one time and I didnt notice a difference in the high.

10. i was also curious if a mango Arizona or smoothie would do the trick^

11. [quote name='"dannydrama"']Is the fucking search button broken? If i see one more sodding mango thread I'll go blind.

YES it can aid your high in some cases. This iss due to terpines in the mango. You can search the bloody rest, I'm not arsed being scientific right now.[/quote]

Deeeeeeeeerp

12. Yes GC it Does work very well lol eat a ripe mango an hour hour and a half before smoking and you get very high idk how it jus works lol try it the supermarket by me has mangoes 10/ $10 can't go wrong wit that

13. Step 1: :bongin:
    Step 2: Chiiiilllllll.

14. Eat that like its ripe *****

15. it works :p eat that shit 30 mins to an hour BEFORE you smoke though.

16. Oh, and to whomever was wondering if the Arizona Much Mango cocktail would have the same effect: probably not. I haven't had one in a while, but I'm pretty sure those are 5% real juice so that would be the equivilent of nibbling on one chunk of mango. xD

17. Mangoes taste like dirty dish water.

Hashish tastes like dish soap

Coincidence? I think not.

18. For a much higher concentration of myrcene (the terpene in mangoes, responsible for the 'enhanced effect' noticed by some), a more economic investment would be a bottle of hops extract, or lemongrass oil. These are generally found in organic shops as simple flavoring elements and supplements, that normally would not be advertised or known for their beneficial anti-cancer/anti-mutagen, sedative, and cannabinoid-enhancing properties.

Fresh and homegrown cannabis, that has been properly cared for, should already be fairly loaded with myrcene. People will only notice the greatest amount of improvement when this 'trick' is used in conjunction with older, lower-grade herb, where its terpene content has already diminished.

Some lemongrass oils are up to 25% myrcene, and you get trace amounts of limonene (another terpene in cannabis), as well.... A mango is healthy and tasty, but effect-wise, if it's the myrcene you're after, there are better options. [​IMG]

There are terpenes that can benefit and enhance your life, as well the effect of your cannabis, in many plants...

[​IMG]

Alpha-Pinene Is found in various trees and plants, including cannabis. "This terpene is at the highest level in the Super Silver Haze. So if you like pine-tree smelling and tasting weed, think of growing this strain, or use it for crossings."

***Limonene "is a cyclic terpene. It is a colourless liquid at room temperatures with an extremely strong smell of oranges." This is where many strains get their citrus orange, lemon flavors and odors from.

Sabinene is found in high levels in many haze varieties.

***Myrcene, or β-myrcene, - THIS is the terpene available in some fruits and plants, including mangoes, that causes people to feel that eating mangoes before smoking, will get them 'higher', which is somewhat true, only if the myrcene levels are high enough, and not diluted by so much plant flesh. For a more reliable effect, simply sniff your preferably fresh bud the instant you break it open, and enjoy that nice fragrance, just prior to smoking it. True widow strains develop high levels of myrcene.

The fresher the herb, the more terpenes it likely has available. The terpenes are released so easily, that in some commercial bud they have often already mostly dissipated, before people have a chance to use the canna, in which case additional terpenes from fruit can help.

TERPENES IN GRAPH:
    1- ALPHA PINENE
    2- CAMPHENE
    3- BETA PINENE
    4- SABINENE
    5- DELTA-3 CARENE
    6- ALPHA PHELLANDRENE
    7- BETA-MYRCENE
    8- ALPHA TERPINENE
    9- LIMONENE
    10- 1.8-CINEOLE
    11- Y-TERPINENE
    12- CIS-OCIMENE
    13- TRANS-OCIMENE
    14- ALPHA TERPINOLENE
    15- TRANS-CARYOPHYLLENE
    16- ALPHA HUMULENE

19. And about store-bought juices....

I don't know the specifics pertaining to the juice in question, but for the most part store-bought and bottled mango juices either will not work, or they will not work well.
    This is because they have often been heated or 'flash pasteurized' to the point that a large quantity (most, if not all) of the heat-sensitive myrcene, the terpene responsible for providing and promoting the intensified effect, has dissipated.

In the future, you can always buy a mango or two and puree them in your blender, or even by hand in a plastic bag [​IMG] You can 'drink' it as-is, or add a little of your favorite juice, or water, or if you need to more sugar... or a dose of nice glycerin tincture ;)

Many fruits have beneficial terpenes, that can enhance both your health, and the effect of your cannabinoids...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can go even a little further, and incorporate that puree into an edible canna recipe... Myrcene, intensifies cannabinoid cellular permeability both when eaten, and inhaled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, sorry for the long post/s... hope this helps. :wave:

20. as always, badkittysmiles comes in with her wealth of infomation.

great stuff kitty, would +rep but i have to spread it round first.

:bongin: