Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mango weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HerbJedenTag, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Hey guys just wondering if there are any strains that smell/taste of mangos. Im not sure, but mango weed just sounds really good to me right now. Peace.

2. Its going to be quite hard to find some mango scent weed unless you want some fake "mango kush" a dealer pulls out his ass. try flavored rolling papers, get some mango juicy jays and roll a couple with that and you might get your mango fill.

3. i love mango too bro, but i have found only way to help with fix is eating mangos ;)

4. You're right man, the other day a shitty dealer of mine said "got mango weeeeed in!!!"

Honestly, I wanted to reply with a simple "fuck you".

I resisted.

I hope this sounded normal, i'm cloud 6.:smoke:

5. i diasgree with you toatlly ui had what you call fake mango kush which smelled like mangos tropical fruit and kush was coated in trichomes and .3 got me high when i need usually at .7

6. Someone told me they had mango kush before, but the only way to know what you're getting it to get it through dispensaries. Dealers give shit names to hype up the price/buy.

7. Does your dealer also sell you superduperrussiankushhazeskunkdieselurklewowie?

8. green crack

9. Honestly, you wouldn't think it possible, but it's one of the strange and wonderful things that the marijuana plant is capable of. It's a plant that contains a lot of different terpenes and they can combine to make close (or maybe even exactly) the same fragrance molecules of those found in various fruits like lemons, pineapple, pine trees, cedar wood, honey, 7-UP, Pez, Pixie Stix, chocolate, coffee beans....and even things that smell like tar and fuel or body odor, bad breath and, of course skunk!

So, if someone asks what weed smells like, you really have to understand that it can smell like many things. It very easily can smell like mangos.

10. Just got some. It smells of fucking mango. Not a little. A ton.

I put a bunch in one of those grommet-top metal cans and let it sit for a bit. Couldn't smell much. Then later my buddy and I investigate the can. The seal was good so not much smell (plus we were smokin and couldnt have smelled a tiny bit). Then I cracked the jar about 1/16". My buddy who isn't even standing near me yet smells the whole room fill with mangos as soon as I cracked the lid open. I can attest; opening that up after not smelling it for a bit is like getting into a car crash with a mango delivery truck.

Getting the actual mango taste when smoking is a bit more picky. Out of a bowl or bong you get subtle undertones, but you definitely burn off 90% of the taste right away. Not bad but not the way to enjoy this strain IMO.

The only vaporizer capable of getting all the taste is the VapeXhale Cloud on the 12 oclock setting. You feel like you are drinking a mango smoothie for around 5-6 big hits. Then the smoke starts to thin, tastes gets more typical. A sign to crank the dial a little bit to 1 or 2 oclock. Then I can continue to hit the Mango Kush for another several hits. The taste is definitely different at higher temperatures. It's sweet, a little breakfasty.

What's really interesting is how much my glass mouthpieces for my vaporizers smell like mango now. The Cloud has a dry bent-neck mouthpiece around 8" long, and right now if you hit it with nothing attached (as in, just inhale air thru the tube) it still tastes like mangos. My buddy cracked my up by hitting the tube by itself for a few mins while we watched somethin.

Part of me certainly did suspect this MK was tampered with, but I don't think it could've been done without compromising the smokability and this stuff is performing great. Thoughts?

For the record, I think some strains smoke better than they vape. For example Purple Urkel I would call a smoke only strain because the smoke is simply delicious and smooth while it vapes somewhat bitter and average (although slight lavender tones still). But MK is definitely a vape strain to me.

11. That sounds absolutely delicious, did you get it from a club? i'd love to pick some of this up *mouth waters*

12. nope. From my usual guy but he said he went outside of his usual sphere to get it. as he described it, it was "ghetto weed". Paid 14 bucks a gram even tho I got a lot. Not the best deal.

13. Do you think theres a possibility he left it in a jar with mango's for some time just to give it that aroma? The way you describe it seems like its almost too pungent or chemical-y, for example when i smoke anything pinapple/banana it doesnt leave my bong smelling like fruit :p

14. Ive had mango bud before but its possible someone put mangos in it for flavor as well.

15. when i got mango kush like last year it smelled like straight up mangos, so maybe its that! :D it was awesome and didnt even smell like bud at all haha

16. #18 farkface, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013

I certainly have thought about it. I have read about people attempting it but no idea how viable it is, or if it could even make it this strong that way.

Years ago I tried some of that little flavor enhancing juice that headshops sell to put a drop or two onto a bowl. That was nice but a different taste altogether.

I am kinda curious to try it with some other herb (ie, put some mids in a jar with a mango seed). Problem is that I don't see any mangos for sale this time of year around here.

main thing that makes me think it isn't, is because the mango is kind of ENTWINED with this super pungent sweet/sour smell. Kind of like at first all you smell is mango, but if you get your nose right up inside the buds, the sweet/sour smell that is typical of dank weed shows up, to the point where you aren't sure if you are really smelling mangos, or just such an intense sweet/sour that your mind fills in the blank.

Not sure if I said that right.

17. *Guide to Making One's Own Mango Bud*

Step 1: Get a mason jar.
    Step 2: Put weed inside the mason jar.
    Step 3: Grab some foil, put it on top of the jar, and make sure there is a sufficient amount of space between the foil and the lid.
    Step 4: Place holes in the foil, 5-10 depending on the size.
    Step 5: Slice up a mango, and put a handful of pieces on the foil.
    Step 6: Seal the jar and throw it in your fridge.

Now just wait 24-48 hrs or more depending on your personal taste. Learned this on GC years ago :D

18. #20 farkface, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    Well I tried doing was suedelosser666 suggested. I put some buds in a jar with mango slices into the fridge around 8 hours ago.

I just checked on it and I am NOT optimistic. Instant I opened the container it was just weed. Even the mango slices just smell like weed!

So I will report back, but at this point I am failing to see how this method could make the buds smell so strongly like mangos. My mango kush smells more like mangos than real mangos do. Some terpenes in MJ are completely capable of smelling like mango. I think my stuff is legit now but I will see what happens over 24-48 hours like suggested.

I supposed they could have done something shady like dissolve a mango extract in acetone and spritz the buds with it (kinda like synthetic spice weed), but I think that's kinda reaching at this point. Thoughts?

One more note: Bongs or pipes smoked with this stuff do NOT smell like mangos! Just regular shitty resin smell. Only vaporizer tubes seem to hold the mango taste, and the VXH Cloud is by far the most noticeable.