Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mango: Truth or Myth

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ericdz55, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Alright so yesterday I was at the grocery store and remembered reading on here that if you eat a mango 30 minutes - 1 hour before smoking that it could dramatically increase the potency of your high. (I'm sure most of you have heard this, just restating for those who haven't). Anyways, I bought a few mangoes to try it out with. Currently I have some decent mids that I have been smoking for the past week so I know what the "regular high" of the pot is. Also I realize in thinking I am going to get a more potent high, the good old Placebo Effect might alter how I feel my high is, so I will keep that in mind when reposting.

I actually still haven't tried it yet, or even eaten the mango for that matter, so I thought I would start this post share with you guys my experience.

Has anyone else tried this? If so please share what your experience was like.

I will come back in the middle of this "experiment" and tell you how I feel. :smoke:

Sorry if there is already a thread for this. I didn't really look before hand.

2. wet mango blunt wraps!

3. I also heard about this, but I havn't tried it yet, I have a mango here but it's not ready to eat yet.. Bought that mango specificly to try this :D

4. Yeah same here! I just ate it and am now waiting for 45 minutes or so to go out and take a smoke. I'm actually really excited to see how this turns out.:rolleyes:

5. haha Yea it gets you higher. I have done it before. I actually buy about a 6 pack of mangos every week at the grocery store to do this when I feel like it. It does increase it quite nicely. I do it a lot because it then causes me to smoke less of my weed, hence conserving a decent amount:D. (I go through a lot way too quickly lol.)

The only thing I suggest is make sure the mango is overriped. and I mean really ripe. That is when you get the best effects. Otherwise your high won't be increased to the capacity it is able to obtain.

6. Tell me in this post how it went :D
    And enjoy your smoke

7. Well perfect. I got really lucky then! I went downstairs to eat my mango and my mom actually told me that she thought my mango was to ripe. Wild. I guess this plan is working out better than i expected:smoke:.

8. I fail to believe that there is anything in a mango that could chemically alter your brain or change that way that the THC cycles.

I say it's BS with nothing but mind games.

I lie to myself about being high all the time to make my weed last longer.

9. Right, that's why I said I would be keeping the Placebo Effect in mind.:smoke:

10. ive done it numerous times man. It works =O

11. #11 RastaMon420, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    trust me its been scientifically proven before i'll pull up the link if i can in a few minutes... also make sure its a slightly overripened mango cause that will have more of the chemical that allows the THC to pass the blood brain barrier easier. plus mangos are fucking delicious anyways so what do you have to lose?

found it

http://candyskunk.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-get-higher-from-shitty-weed.html

12. Okay, no more eggs as breakfast for me, mango's it is! :D

13. Haha no shit they are delicious.. :smoke: I'm going to have to try this for myself.

Enjoy your herb bro :)

14. I'm pretty sure this has been proven and high times did an article on it.:rolleyes:

15. Think of it this way. If it works, you'll be high, if it doesn't, you'll be high. Win/Win

16. Wow. VERY noticeable difference. I feel like all of my senses are much more keen. Good stuff. Definitely recommend it to anyone who has access to mangoes. :smoke::smoke:

17. really? how much mango did you eat.. and does it really increase your high by that much

18. i recommend throwing like 3 of them into a blender and making some delicious mango smoothies. too bad i cant get any decent mangos right now cause its still winter.

19. i did this to again keeping the placebo effect in mind. I had been smoking the same weed from a qtr i had gotten 5 days before and like the Op said "i knew the high". I got some of the ripest mangos i chould find ate 2 of them waited 45mins and i got to say IT WORKS.

20. ahhh FFS now i have GOT to try this man!

Im gonna see if i can pick up some mangos today, 5 day t -break + mango should make for an interesting high :hello: