Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mango juice and marijuana potency?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheDefiler, Feb 26, 2009.

1. mangos contain a chemical that allows your body to absorb THC better or something like that. It's an actual chemical property of the mango, not placebo. And even if it was placebo, I really don't give a shit as long as I think I'm fucked up.

2. There is no proof that terpene and myrcene actually helps with the high, just some people's words who aren't even scientists, just hobbiests. And you should care about a placebo effect, you think people did human sacrafices because it worked? They just felt safer from their "gods". Don't promote ignorance.

3. Going to try it when i get to my house with my brother. If nothing happened at least i had a good mango. :smoking:

4. I have a friend who drank a mango smoothie and then about an hour later smoked a bowl of stems, and still got high haha. my guess is that it works!

5. Now I know why I got weird looks buying mangos at wal-mart one time. The checkout girl was looking at me in a knowing way; I thought maybe they were aphrodisiacs or something.

6. i drank the snapple mango madness like 20-30 mins b4 smoking and i got high faster than usual. but i dont if it was the mango or the bong rip i have to try it agian

7. #27 IglooBuds, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    1 overripe mango with lunch and I get a more intense high in both the body and mind
    could be placebo effect though, which is what's hard to know
    I think mango juice would work too but my local grocery store has overripe mangos year round and I just love the taste

In my experience it works, if it doesn't though, then fuck it cause mangos are tasty and healthy

8. MYRCENE is an ingredient found both in MANGOS and CANNABIS.
    there's plenty of people, including myself, that have tried it and it works.

as a matter of fact, i remember someone posting a link to a high times article that was talking about mangos and it told you exactly what happens and why it does what it does.

i say you quit being ignorant, and unless you've tried it for yourself, you should have no say in whether it works or not.

9. I've never heard of this.

Tomorrow I'm definitely buyin like 5 fuckin mangos:smoking:

10. i believe that was from cannabis culture, not high times. sorry

11. I got the same effect from mango juice. Just try to use juice with more mango juice in it. Some of them have a lot of artificial stuff in them.

12. I tried this a few mornings ago.
    Ate a mango, waited about 30-45, smoked a few GB's while eating another sliced up mango.
    Felt like I was a big higher, but, who knows, placebo effect maybe?

13. Wow, my bad I didn't think there was an actual book on it. My research skills still suck... But I' tried eating a mango an hour before smoking but I didn't feel any higher...

14. the mango has to be ripe. ripe as in it is mostly red, orange, or orangish-yellow. if its still mostly green, than it is not ripe yet. also its soft and really juicy and sweet when you eat it. i've read other people that tried this mango theory but they just grabbed a mango and ate away and claimed it didn't work, but the problem was that the mango they chose was still far from being riped...

if you tried it with a perfectly riped mango and waited an hour before you toked and it still didn't work, than i don't know what to tell you. its all science behind it, i don't see why it wouldn't work for anyone unless they did something incorrectly.

15. I can ABSOLUTELY verify the effects of the mango. On this past new years i made a batch of mango lassi(indian drink) using 3 ripe mangos and we drank it at like 1130. Now the thing is we weren't even thinking about the whole marijuana mango thing we just love mango lassi's. I smoke every day so my tolerance was not low and have smoked the same bud like 10 times before and we took the same amount of bong rips and got SOO much higher. It was a lot more visual almost like the visuals when ive greened out before but i didn't feel shitty at all like that it was just great! So go try it and drinking mango lassi gets you the real mangos but isn't as difficult(or messy) as eating a whole mango by yourself. Here's a recipe if anyone wants it.

2 cups fresh chopped mango
    2 1/2 cups plain yogurt ( i like fage greek strained yogurt the best)
    6 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cardamom
    16 ice cubes

throw that shit in a blender and enjoy!

16. finally a testimony without the possibility of placebo!
    we now have scientific and physical evidence that mangoes do indeed increase your high.
    I simply can't wait to try it out!

In my opinion mango juice should work just as well, provided it is 100% juice, not mango drink or someshit like that.

17. I read this thread, walked downstairs only to find 2 mangos on the counter! LOL I was like ' mom, are these ripe mangos? Can I have one?'

Im going to test this out today. Im about to go grab some ganj, then ill eat a mango, smoke an hour later and then report here.

18. i ate a mango like 44mins-1hour ago and just finished token some bowls and yea i think it works :]!

19. I had the week off, today is sunday, and I blazed everyday. I tried the mango thing earlier (first blaze of the day) and to be honest it may have worked...I want to try it again though.

The mango was absolutely delicious :smoking: