Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MANGO before you smoke... Come on, seriously?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zepp, Apr 30, 2009.

1. i tried it but i smoke so many different types of kind and so many different ways i couldnt tell i ate a whole mango to the dome then ripped some trainwreck out of my vapebros and i was ripped but wouldnt you be anyways? ill have to try it more than once to really tell, but fun to fuck around with either way

2. How about mango flavored phillies? :smoking:

3. Well it worked very nicely. When I smoked my first fat bowl, I felt as stoned as I would normally be after my entire sesh. I kept smoking but didn't get any higher, think it has to do with the tolerance factor with marijuana.

I have to say that I will continue eating mangos before I smoke, even though the taste is horrid, it really makes the high nice, more of a body stone almost, because my body was buzzing when it was a strong sativa, smoked some this morning and felt absolutely nothing like the night before.

4. You had an unripened mango and possible a sour by nature mango. There are MANY different variety of mangos and the quality varies like weed. There are deliciously sweet mangos out there that will rock your world. If you dont like a mango you havent eaten the right one imo.

5. will goya mango nectar work?

6. How the hell can you hate mangoes? I fucking love them, and the boost to my high is just a bonus.

7. Mangos are my favorite fruit, I can eat a whole mango and not think twice about it. I am about to go out and buy a few of them and then get blitzed.

Maybe I will get Super Mango Toker Buzz or something....

8. I've eaten so many mangoes and smoked after, that I even have a whole system. i only get Indian mangoes, which are generally smaller, and IMO tastier, wait until they ripen by feeling how soft they are and cutting them at the point in a "x" formation and just peel em back like a complicated banana. and just eat around the pit

9. Haha. Some kid at my school told me about this, and I tried it. I did feel higher than normal, but I think it may be a placebo thing. You're expecting to be really high, so you feel really high. In either case, you still feel really high, which is always good.

10. Excuse me, what the fuck do you think you're doing?

11. Google shows many discussions about the terpene Myrcene aiding THC's passage through the blood/brain barrier, which could explain the increased high.

Nowhere though can I find a legitimate explanation of the chemistry behind this. If anyone has a link, post it please.

But I think nobody will read this and instead comment on the post from 2009 about the guy saying mangos are gross.

12. Well.... I bought some GRRRREEAAATTT OG Mango Kush the other day. The only thing that I knew about it was that it was expensive as hell...and it was. I first bought 5g and shared it with my brother Chris. I took 2 hits from a GB that I made and was as high as ive ever been. To the point of a hallucinates of my TV melting xD.

I'm not sure if it was the mango or what it was but all I know is that it kicked my ass. I have been smoking it here and there for a couple of months and it still gets me super high with no sign of letting up. :) Life is good with Mango haha

13. Ya i want to see a study done as well, but we can thank our federal government for making us both the guinea pigs and the scientists :devious::rolleyes:.

Uhhhhhh what? Way off bro haha.

14. I had mango in it. His question was "Does mango increase your high?"

15. WHAT?! :confused: You said you had Mango Kush, you never said anything about eating a mango ha.

16. Nevermind

17. Myrcene is the thing in mangoes that gets you higher. Myrcene is also in lemongrass.

But myrcene isn't the only thing out there that can supposedly make you higher. 5-HTP and omega 3s make you higher.

I had a highdea for a pill that has myrcene, 5-HTP and omega 3s. A pill you take before you toke. you think anyone would buy it? You could just buy and take those 3 things separately, but one pill would be so much better.

18. #58 Lebowski, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    that^

5-HTP and OFAs would work by completely different mechanisms, they're really not the same at all. Myrcene would supposedly put more THC molecules in your actual brain, which is quite significant.

I'm really interested in finding info about this because if Myrcene really does have this action, it would explain why some low thc strains get you higher than some high thc strains- they might have more myrcene.

19. LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    thanks dude

20. Mango is one of my favorite fruit. I'll certaintly pick up some mango soon