Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mandatory School Drug Test

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ChicagoReefer, May 15, 2007.

1. So I go to private school, I'll be a senior next year, I've been smoking steadily since 7th-8th grade, and daily since freshman year, but now our fuckin schools instituting fuckin mandatory hair tests from "Psychemedics".

Every student will be tested in the first 6 weeks of school, and then they will "randomly" select students once a week following that. To think I was pissed about 1 football urine test!

LOL here's a couple quotes from the letter they sent, maybe I'll type up the whole thing in a while after I toke;

"Please know that we are not instituting this policy because we believe we have a "drug problem". "

"We are not the police and our intent is not to try and catch our students using drugs.
    Rather we seek to provide a program that allows them to say no to drugs".

Hahaha first of all we have more stoners per capita than any school I've seen, outside probably Cali. Secondly, that's just bullshit. You aren't "allowing" them to say no. You are virtually forcing them to. And if a person is so sheep-like that they can't say no on there own, where they need a program to help them, you've just revoked you liscence of humanity, because if you do not have the ability to make and defend you're own decisions, you're no better then the 5-O. Oops I meant animals.

I'm sorry if my rant doesn't make sense, and I'm aware I haven't been particularly witty so far so I apologize for a boring read.

I'm sooooo fuckin pissed. Its not like marijuana is negatively affecting me! I have a 4.0 and am a 3-sport athlete, including all-conference honors in wrestling and football. Fuck this shit. So I like to toke buds, (for those of you worried about my lungs and sports, don't worry I cut down during the season. not.) so what? Fuck.

I've got more quotes and things to say and rant aout, but I'm just sick to my stomach and shit. "The nausea and the pain left him wasting away, and unable to keep a meal down" Lol, as B-Robbinizzle would say. Eh, Ill type up the rest of the letter later, and rant more, I suppose. Lol one confusing thing about being in all-AP classes and still being a huge toker, I always switch between good vocab and shitty stoner-speak, mane. LOL. Oh and for those of you wondering, it's a private school, but its not my choice whether or not I go here, plus I need to stay here for athletic scholarships for college. Oh well.

2. school's a bitch aint it? i go to a fucking private school for all the fuck ups. more than 50% of the school has smoked or actively does smoke weed. they wanted to piss test me. so i said no, fuck you. you should do the same

3. hmm a program that allows you to say no to drugs? I'd tell them im saying no to their program. It is not the schools business what one does in their own free time

I was unaware it was even lawful for schools to drug test, especially high schools....

4. yes its illegal to have a mandatory drug test for everyone. especially where no reason is found.

i found a book i was reading in the library and it was in our high school it was called something like "under 18 your rights" or something like that.

you should try to find it, it says a lot about your rights. and i read in there you can say no to their test.

5. i'm pretty sure you can refuse that, because that's ridiculous.
    they should be concerned whether or not you're high at school, not what you do after school.

6. Refuse to test. Unless you signed a paper agreeing to testing, you are not lawfully required to take the test.

7. well he said its a private school, so if he refuses he just wont be able to go to the school. they arnt "forceing" you to because in theory you can just not go to that school. which is something you might not want, or your parents wont want

8. I know in public schools they can't do that, I'm not sure about private ones, either way it's an invasion of privacy, you could prolly talk to a lawyer about it, or google some info or something.

I'm not too sure what to tell ya dude, so glad I'm in college.

9. I went to a private high school (didn't smoke then) but I am pretty sure it does not matter if it is public or private

10. Private schools can do that legally. Its gay that they can, but they can... at least in NY anyways

11. Yeah private schools can do that because (like previously stated) in theory you don't have to go there. It's an optional school. If you refuse the test its the same result as failing the test. It's a really prissy-ass rich kid school. Because its like elite it doesn't take just anyone. Theyll basically expel you if you're caught, you have no right to stay. Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm trying really hard to be like good with grammar n shit. And punctuation and capitilization. Lol im rambling again. Im soooo baked:smoke:

12. No, its not illegal to drug test anybody they want, especially not in private school. Im guessing that the book you read was at least 10 years old because there have been several supreme court cases involving this kind of thing and every single one was won by the schools. The last one, I forgot the name of the case, but there was a school who required mandatory drug tests for anyone who drove to school, students and parents fought it, went all the way to the supreme court, and lost it. On top of that, hes in private school where they have almost no rights in the first place because like stated a couple times before, its your choice to go there. The kids chose the option and the privelige to drive to school so they had to take a drug test if they wanted to. He chooses the option of going to private school so he has to take the drug test if he wants to go there.

13. Yeah, they can do it.

And they will.

I heard it's about to spread all throughout the states, and won't be limited to just Private Schools.

Welcome to the F.U.T.U.R.E.

14. I would just go to public school.

15. i can never see mandatory drug tests in public schools. What are they gonna do? deny you an education because you smoke? I dont think so. Private schools are different though, they don't have to give you an education, thats what public schools are for.

16. so just keep smoking and piss the dirtiest pee you want to, you pay to go there right? I'm sure they'll still take your money, and if you got a lot of stoners tell them to do the same, what are they gonna do about it? plus there is always public school

17. Sure you can fight it, its a private school, no students no money, just get enough parents to sign a petition saying no to the drug test and its gone!

18. The supreme court ruled in Board of Education of Pottawatomie County v. Earls that public schools may randomly drug test any students participating in any extra-curricular activity, so the problem isn't just confined to private schools. Keep that in mind. As for the OP, maybe you should present your case to your parents. You seem to have a few things going for you.

19. yeah i go to a catholic high school and they made every kid get breathalyzed before prom but drug testing is just ridiculous

20. well i guess i was wrong they can do that.

and for who ever quoted me. yes that book was wrote 1995. so 12 years.

thanks for clearing all this up everyone. saved me a lots of reading.