Mandanclan's small SoG grow [Thai Haze x Northern Lights #5 and White Widow x AK-47]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mandanclan, Dec 23, 2010.

1. #1 mandanclan, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
    Stoner Faces.

Welcome to the worst attempt at a very small SoG you will ever see. Legally growing 2 mothers with 6 perpetually flowering cuttings. At least, this is my ultimate goal. Right now I am going to choose the mothers through the 6 seedlings that I currently have growing. This is the 4th day in, and so far things are going very well. If I end up with 2 of one strain, I'll flower one and just keep one mother.

I ordered White Russian from High Grade Seeds and the Dr. Atomic Thai Lights came from a seed bank in Vancouver, BC that I acquired myself.

I have grown a Thai Lights successfully earlier this year - that journal is also on this site. I yielded 2.5 ounces (to my enormous surprise). That makes this feeble attempt my second grow. Like my first journal I don't expect anyone will respond to this, but advice is welcome.

Keep in mind that I also plan to make these mothers very small or "bonsai" style. This means I have the lights on 24-0.

some specs:
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
    Botanicare Liquid Karma supplements (when needed)
    Fox Farm Big Bloom for flowering food
    Fox Farm Grow Big for vegetative food
    Miracle Gro perlite
    some off brand vermiculite.

- mix is about 60% soil, 30% perlite, and 10% vermiculite

I have a 125w 6500K CFL on the 6 seedlings right now. I will add additional lighting with some lamps later when they are in need of it. I want to keep the 1-2 mothers under the 125w (along with some additional side lighting).

For flowering I have a 250w 2700K CFL that worked great for the one plant. I'm not planning on growing giants, just consistent small bitches. So hopefully this with some additional side wattage will be plenty for 6 cuttings at different flower cycles (any thoughts about this? comments welcome). I will take 2 cuttings every 2 weeks - keeping that system.

Pictures will be up so if you are interested in my journal pull up a chair! Also, any help concerning bonsai mother plants is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

NOTE: I am a MMJ patient and am growing under legal recommendation. I am following the capacity limit for mature/immature plant cultivation as such.

EDIT: In the picture, the 3 in front are White Russian and the 3 in back are Thai Lights.

Attached Files:

2. Also, just to add - as seen in the pictures above, my stats thus far are 77-80 degree temps, 50-53% humidity with good air circulation. I need to finish the vents in the closet - should not take long.:smoke:

3. small update here. they are happy as ever and growing very well. I am going to post up some pictures, so please let me know of your opinions. Suggestions?

I am having an issue stabilizing pH level. First watering was at 6.5, but when I tested the water next time around it had gone back up to 7.2 I added more pH down, but I feel like I am missing something. Help?

Attached Files:

4. Try mixing your PH up and or down, and leaving it for an hour. give it time to mix in with the water, retest.

this is what i do, i first test the water that i get out of my tap, usually around 8.5ph, add some PH down and mix it up, and leave it for an hour, giving it time to mix, retest and follow those steps over untill you find your deired PH

5. Currently having some bad issues. Particularly with the Thai Lights. I'm also highly frustrated because I can't figure out what to do right now. It's mainly just the Thai Lights with the problems, and that's the plant that I HAVE grown successfully. The curling and spotting makes me think they are simply dying. If the issue is pH, it wouldn't have been THAT high, maximum 7.2 . Is this enough to fuck a strain this much? Could they be hungry? Advice is more than wanted right now. Link to the problem thread with the pictures. :mad:

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-pla...edling-curling-spotting-help.html#post9130429

6. So I have balanced out the pH level to be what I believe is 6.4 . Now I am leaving them the fuck alone for a minmum of 3 days. I flushed them with this water and hopefully this will settle things down. After the shock normal growth should continue. Despite the stressors the seedlings have shown signs of growth. The white russian has been a stronghold.

7. Because of certain circumstances I have decided to just grow these 6 plants until harvest. I will be switching them to 20-4, but starting another journal. I will post a link later.

8. I think your light is to close for the babys your burning the thia

9. Thanks for the concern, but its a CFL? My temps are 75-80 at all times.. they don't seem to be burned either, the ones that looked messed up were fucked up with pH. :p