Mandala hashberry late harvest (pics)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Bongathan, Dec 7, 2009.

1. So blades, I decided to pick up growing this past summer and recently chopped my 2nd and final outdoor HB (last tuesday). The reason I harvested so late is because this s.o.b started flowering way late. Like late september. Sadly, it didn't get to come to a complete fruition, as I had to chop her premature since the weather has gotten too cold. She could've used probably another 2-4 weeks. ah well. She's been hang drying in my closet for 5 days, and today I trimmed her up and put the buds in jars :hello:
    Feels like the buds still have ~30% moisture, and as of now they weigh a half oz exactly. So I'm expecting 9-11 grams dried. I'll update when I find out.
    The trimmings stand at 17 g's right now, so lookin at probably 13-14 g's of dried trim (using for qwiso). The stuff smells intoxicating. Very earthy, musky, and a hint of coffee/hash smell. Hard to explain, but it's delizzshus. I also sampled a bit and it wasn't harsh or foul tasting considering it hasn't hit the jars yet. Very nice buzz also, compliments the g-13 I'm smoking nicely. Can't wait to get it cured

So let me know what you guys think!
    I know it's not the best or biggest harvest, but I'm definitely happy with it.
    My first harvest only yielded me 2.5 grams, so it's an improvement.

Pic captions

Pic 1: The HB after trimming fan leaves, right before chop (I left bud leaves on)
    Pic 2: Nodes after 5 days drying and chopped
    Pic 3: nugs off the stem
    Pic 4: Trimmed buds and trimmings
    Pic 5: Moar trimmed budz
    Pic 6: One of my larger nugs. Decent amount of trichs
    Pic 7: gotta show GC love :D
    Pic 8: Size comparison of my largest buds
    Pic 9: Little sample of my first indoor grow, soon to be harvested as well. View the full size
    pic and check all the frosty trichs! You have no idea how hard it is not to pick buds
    off this beauty.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Bongathan, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
    57 views. .
    and not one of you muhfuckas have said a thing.
    Wtf?
    okay how bout if I throw in some buds i chopped from my indoor today? :D
    Now mind you, these are from my first indoor grow and grown in a rubbermaid setup using soil in about a quarter gallon pot with 6 24 watt cfl bulbs.
    So i'd say they filled out nicely considering.
    I'll be harvesting as the buds develop.
    The 4 nugs (matured sooner than the others) weighed 24 g's right after I cut them and the soil was pretty dry when I cut.
    so hopefully i'll get about 10 grams from these nugs alone.
    I quick dried a fat bowl worth of the smallest nug, and it's definitely potent.
    Had me, my mom AND my dad (who rarely tokes) really giggly stoned.
    I <3 growing cannabis :)

Attached Files:

3. Congrats on the sweet harvest man! Just try putting harvest threads in the assigned forum sections please:wave:

+rep

4. Nice looking buds man! :smoking:

I'm currently growing Hashberry as well, it's nice to see a preview of what's to come.

5. Looks good man but I think u jumped gun on Harvesting. You could of easily went about tw more weeks. Maybe u had a reason to cut. But just saying there was room for more growth. But nice buds. Hope they smoked well.

6. Yeah, I'll admit I picked a bit early, but I still have a big top cola and all the popcorn buds growing. I recently picked up a pocket microscope from radio shack and checked the trichs on the buds I picked. . they're about 60% clear 40% cloudy so it's not too bad. The last top cola is about 15% clear, 65% cloudy and 20% amber. I'm gonna give her a few more days at least. I'm talking about my indoor plant. If you were referring to my outdoor, I had to chop because the weather was too cold.

I'll update with pics and final weights for both plants when the last cola is chopped and dried.
    Thanks to everyone who commented, sorry about the misplacing of the thread ganjaguru ;)

7. What size pot did you have your Outdoor plant in? And how long were they growing for? 9-10gram yield off of an outdoor plant seems like a... waste of time. But I by no means know the genetics or other circumstances that would effect things, I'm just saying.

Buds look great though. Once they have cured for a week or 20 your going to be left with some grade A shit.