Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Man why does Jimi hendrix sound soo much better High?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by wd2006, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Lol...this might not be a serious question since anything sounds great high. But just listening to Jimi Hendrix esp. All along the Watchtower, the guitar work, just listening to it sends shivers down my spine...no joke. Its like I get in tune with the song and it feels so real, not like anything when Im not high.

Im going to go out there and say this is probably the best song to listen to while your high. :)

2. I haven't heard this song for awhile. I am however a fanatic for good music while high, so Im going to download it.

3. well i couldn't tell you, but damn is jimi great eh? :D

i bet if he was still alive today, half the music on the radio would be completely differant.

4. yeah, i love listening to hendrix stoned

all along the watch tower and hey joe :smoking:

5. I think it's also because he was just as high as you when he wrote all his music....

6. Because your high.

7. I am a huge hendrix fan. i m actually wearing a hendrix shirt right now. (i wear it under my chef coat) But i know exactly wat you mean about it sending shivers down ur spine. but one song that does it more then all along the watchtower is "Little wing" its a cover but omg the guitar in that is just to fucking good. how he plays it while singing idk but its amazing. (prolly done separate) And another good one is Bold as love, the opening is so relaxing. Download those 2, u will know what i mean

8. I too am wearing a hendrix shirt.

9. who else does it... stevie ray vaughn?

are you sure he didnt cover jimi? i dont really know either way, but i always thought jimi did it first.

10. you just caused me to spark a bowl, grab my expensive headphones and listen to jimi. thanks

11. hot damn dude i was just listening to hendrix like you told me to, and i came across this song "red house" i almost peed my bed man. there is a solo in the middle, im going to listen to it again. it rocks hard

12. fuck no SRV coverd hendrix. come on

13. Homie, if you've got Electric Ladyland in your player you need to peep out some of them other tracks. Not that "All Along The Watchtower" isn't a great song, but every radio station plays the shit out of that one. I recommend listening to some other tracks... there's some shit that the masses still ain't ready for.

14. i hate that jimi is so known for all along the watchtower, its a dylan song, i know a lot of people that ive talked to dont know that. although, jimi's verison is sick as hell too, i really like the dylan one, and no one has ever heard it. also, the DMB verison is good too i think.

15. Its a chill type of music.

For me, the solos are what get my wet. OOO man gotta love the solos. And some of the songs you know he was fucked up when he made them...

"Casltes fade into the sea.....eventually.." <--No shit Jimmy....lol

Good music over all

16. #16 Floydian, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Mweh, if you were a guitarist you'd get the point.

He's just plainly a god.

There's no way possible to listen to Voodoo Child and not *know* that Jimi was the best guitarist ever. Ironic, though...

I'll leave you with these;

17. same reason heroin and lsd make musicians make better music.