Man why do I like being Depressed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dave209rider559, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I have an amazing life, but yet i just like to say fuck my life and love being depressed.

The feeling of depression seems to comfort me very much. Why?

2. Because I gfeel the same way and yeah

3. #3 LiveFreely, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    This song relates to you very much so...I spent the time finding it on youtube to post it on here for your benefit.... so please take the time to listen to it, with your soul...it is real music. Hopefully it raises your spirits friend. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjCKL6BPaC0]YouTube - Tonedeff - Optimist *Lyrics[/ame]

4. Because you're not depressed....and you use the idea of bing depressed as your comfort zone to avoid living real life...which can be depressing.

5. Idk im the same way lol. In the immortal words of Kurt Cobain "I miss the comfort in being sad"- Frances Farmer will have Her Revenge on Seattle

6. you have truly never been depressed obviously, cause depression really sucks and hurts

7. When you're really depressed, you're no longer depressed. You're emotionless.

8. The title of this thread is an oxymoron. If your happy about being depressed, your not really depressed my friend :)

9. Because pain is a Solace, and i feel it regardless :(

*drums*

10. Sometimes it's fun, and as bush squatter said, comforting to plunge your head into the universe of misery you have created for your mind.
    Probably the same reason people watch sad films.

But trust me, I have sorted my life out and it's 100000000 times better not bothering with self indulging self pity.

Pull your head out of your own arse and see the sun shine, sunshine. :p

Seriously though, find something else to do.

11. Why are there so many depressed people on a marijuana cultivation website:confused:

12. The key word here is 'website'.
    The internet: absolute communication, absolute isolation.

I'd say a larger proportion of people are happy on this website than users of any other forum.

Also people are a bit free-er sharing the fact with people on this website, no-ones going to encourage them to hang themselves on webcam.

13. sorry to say this, but unless you take acts in hurting/killing yourself or at least just repeating over and over in your mind how much you hate your life and reality, is when you first realize the depression.

14. not a smart thing to tell someone who wants to be depressed

15. your ego is out of control, you dont feel you have enough in your life when you have plenty.

you identify with form creating a false identity with it, this in turn creates suffering. identifiying yourself with form makes you never feel good enough, you have a constant need to fill your life with people, stories, objects and things.

just live consciously, when you hear your ego inside tell you to do something or think a certain way just dont do what it wants you to do. instead of feeling hatred towards someone, just be conscious. dont think about how not to think, just dont think it. let those emotions and feelings pass through you because they will in fact pass.

just think with your conscious, be present and 100% in the "now". see if this doesnt change your perspective.

remember, your life is not your life span. your life is each breath you take, each sound you hear and whats going on from one second to the next.

16. I'm gonna have to say alot of people that do this because it makes them feel better and it justifies bad descisions they make. It's an excuse to fall back on that noone can really argue against. I knew a girl who refused to take the opportunities to make her life better because she liked being in that shitty situation she used it to justify doing things like, stealing, cheating on BF's, doing durgs all the time, fucking her family over. She used her bad situation as not only a siren for pity from others but a sick way to make her horrid actions ok. I hated her i hated her so much i damn near strangled her.

it's either that or you're just confused about where you are in life.

17. haha thats the first thing i thought of.

18. how could anyone like being depressed..?
    depression is horrible.

19. true the feeling is even worse on painkillers. I dont even know if its depression. Its more like Pink in the wall just sitting there not doing anything not trying to socialize with anyone...except my old friends.

People thought I was a serial killer in school because I could keep a blank face throughout everything I did and I almost never showed emotion..though im not sure why. my friends were scared when I used to take shrooms and acid and still function normally and even talk to authority figures I think that was part of the depression...or im just seriously fucked up in the head