Man was searched, handcuffed in a patrol car; shot in head; cops say suicide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UU_ood, Aug 2, 2012.

1. We The People

them

2. Dude, it saddens me that im not suprised. Fuck pigs

3. and this is why I'm scared shitless of law enforcement in the US.

4. Shit like this man. Terrible. I hope for a day that America is great again.

5. Which is why america needs freedom fighters like ETA :)
    Kill those swine pigs.

6. I have to disagree with this rationale, I lived in the netherlands for 5 years, and cops there don't have nearly as much power as they do in the states. You can scream and cuss a cop out without him beating you to a bloody pulp. It's not perfect but I'd say it's damn good proof that cops don't need to be untouchable to do their job correctly

7. #27 Tripace, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Wrong. I say if a cop screws up he needs to be punished more severely than citizens do. If they are really supposed to be an authority figure, then they need to be held to a higher standard. Authority cannot be above the law, and if they feel that they are above the law, they deserve absolutely no respect from anyone. But, if they are held to a much higher standard than the rest of us, they do deserve to be treated with respect. If a cop wrongfully kills someone, they deserve no less than capital punishment for their crime. This much higher standard deserves much recognition and respect in that case, for those that can keep their temper in a stressful situation and won't lash out in anger. Otherwise they deserve nothing but contempt, like the cop in this video, fuck him...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzEbMFv20w&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

8. And liberals are outraged by George Zimmerman. Go figure.

9. This is what should happen when cops act up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49fBxdFZeRI]Gangster Cops Run From Soccer Hoolagins - YouTube[/ame]

but just because one cop acts up doesn't mean the others should be beat, one of the cops told the guy beating him to stop....but his buddy gets put in the hospital for his actions

10. Remember this. The only thing that gives a cop authority is their weapon.

Someday we will learn that. We have rights. We have a 2nd ammendment and its sole purpose is the "security of a free state"

You are in your legal rights to defend yourself against a cop if he is using cruel and unusual punishment or violating any other rights.

11. Yeah like that is going to hold up in court..

12. The officer handled the situation just terribly.. First off it looks like he was the only police officer in that specific area, surrounded by many citizens, that's not exactly the time to abuse a kid/protester.

Second, when he put the kid into the ground, his weapon was exposed for atleast 45 seconds where someone easily could grab it straight out of his holster.

So not only does the cop not know that it's illegal to restrain someone for exercising their freedom of speech, he doesn't even know how to do his 60k/yr job properly.

13. Boom there you have it... It's almost like these officers were paid off to do this by people who wanted to make our police forces look like shit. I mean jesus christ come on. Definite need for an investigation.

14. No one needs to make the police look like shit, they do a good enough job of it by themselves.

15. Why don't you ride pigs dicks just a little more there?:rolleyes:

The cop responded with violence against nothing but a gesture. If a person responds to being flipped off by physically assaulting someone, they are going to jail for assault, not the person who flipped the bird. Cops are not above the law, this cop assaulted the kid and deserves to go to jail for it.

16. [quote name='"yurigadaisukida"']Remember this. The only thing that gives a cop authority is their weapon.

Someday we will learn that. We have rights. We have a 2nd ammendment and its sole purpose is the "security of a free state"

You are in your legal rights to defend yourself against a cop if he is using cruel and unusual punishment or violating any other rights.[/quote]

A cop is technically a citizen just like any other. If they use excessive force you're allowed to fight back. But I HIGHLY recommend that you don't do that. That will only escalate the situation until you get yourself killed. Not saying its right, just stating reality

17. Yeah, well, as Patrick Henry said, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"

If more people fully listened and understood these words and would start to do the right thing, the police would realize they will be held accountable for their actions, and most of all, that they are not above the law.

18. [quote name='"Tripace"']

Yeah, well, as Patrick Henry said, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"

If more people fully listened and understood these words and would start to do the right thing, the police would realize they will be held accountable for their actions, and most of all, that they are not above the law.[/quote]

Maybe if the courts weren't so fucked up and everyone knows if they fight back they'll be prosecuted to the fullest extent more people would fight back. Don't even get me started on not being able to record or tape police officers. I see no rational reason you shouldn't be able to.
    Not to get off topic tho lol

19. He shot marvin!!