Man vs. Wild

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hey City,

[​IMG]

I love the Dicovery channel.

They have always been my favorite station even as a kid. And now, even though I am not much into television- but 90% of the time I do watch, it is on discovery.

But tonight at 9:00pm eastern new episodes of Man vs. Wild come on. If you have never watched this show- check it out, its really interesting.

Also check out Heinous' thread about Les Stroud aka Survivorman (both of them haha):
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general/156681-badass-hero-week-les-stroud.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general/106113-badass-hero-week-les-stroud.html

Here is the website for Man vs. Wild:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/manvswild/manvswild.html

2. He's entertaining, but as far as actualy survical techniques i'd listen to survivorman before him.

He seems to take more risks than would be necessary.

3. Agree, he assumes everyone is as experienced as him (climbing everest, etc).

But I like the entertainment factor like you said- when he went through a glacier to get down a steep summit, built a raft to travel faster and hits white water, going down roots to find water.....

4. I love those survival shows.

5. That guy is crazy. One time he ate these baby snakes while they were still alive, and another time he drank the water out of some animals crap. I love this show!:D

6. i watched this show faded out of my mind with my bro, every min it would be "this guy is so fucking awesome."

as long as were bringing up stuff he did, my fav has to be when he throws the stick at the bunny. :eek::hello:

too bad i'm dry or els i would blaze for this lol

7. survivorman is so much better

8. I'm watching it right now, one of my favorite shows to watch, along with deadliest catch

9. Yumm, he just ate a frog. I bet it was delicious.

10. Survivorman is waaaaaay better then this guy... this guy has an entire camera crew with him the entire time but survivorman carries his own camera equipment and films the entire show himself.. bear is a pussy compared to les stroud

11. survivorman > man vs wild. i think man vs wild is fake, that guy has a whole camera crew, while les is all alone.

12. I have it recorded. I'll check it out on Sunday, my day off. Since, I can't go hiking at this point. Bah!

I find his show very entertaining. Love it. I'd just follow Les Stroud's advice more.

Both great shows though. :)

13. I think man vs. wild is more for entertainment. The guy's name is bear, how can anyone take that seriously.:)

14. discovery and history ftw....

bear is hardcore, he pissed on his shirt and wrapped it around his head and face to keep cool in the desert....that's dedication to making a worth while show :)

be easy y'all
    -dude

15. LOL, i remember that episode, i was watching it, and when he said piss everyone looked up from what they were doing and stared at the tv. good times.

16. But, I really need to gain more knowledge on survival. These guys are great. I need to learn some of the things they know.

17. Man vs. Wild is the fucking greatest show ever. Like, Bear Grylls is such a badass. That show is a big reason of why I've been camping so much this year. I'm still pretty prepared, but I'd love to be able to do what he does.

18. this guy is on conan O'Brien right now..he squeezed elephant shit and drank the water....wtf.

19. hey, dehydration will kill you quicker than dysentery.....

Still one tough decision- and imagine the taste...

Hmmm, I wonder if it did taste like shit???

20. i was flipping through the channels and i saw him doing pushups naked on an icy mountain.

i'm hiking the Appalachians bear style this summer, except a bit more, reformed.

i'm bringing:

water bottle
    knife
    tarp
    flint
    rope
    weed, lighter, and paraphernalia.

should kick ass.