Man sentenced to jail for collecting rainwater

Discussion in 'General' started by rain dancer, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Glad you made an assumption. I'm not happy about the bp situation.

My issue is that what he did was NOT natural for the resources.

I don't think the government should control everything. For example: Gun Control.

2. Last time I checked they didn't treat the water as it falls out of the sky.

3. I agree about the politicans, however,

The water is not 'Theirs' Its 'ours' and actually since we export water to california its partly yours. 13 Million gallons is a lot, and the citizens might very well end up paying for it especially down in the medford area.

Thats stealing from from us in my opinion.

4. One HUGE point that eveyone needs to realize... Take a breath, clear the smoke out of your lungs... no SERIOUSLY one MAJOR point that EVERYONE needs to take into consideration... You ready? Okay...

If the "Rain Man" had cycled through that much water and hadn't hoarded 13 million gallons in his pond, meanging had he collected and returned 13 million gallons, this wouldnt be an issue.

5. didnt know the gov could own water.

just another reason why i hate this goddamn country

6. im collecting dirt. its hidden under my house. am i going to jail for that?

7. If there are permits you need that you know you don't have but continue anyways. If not, you won't be arrested ;)

8. This disgusts me. I want out of this broken country.

9. No one is holding you hostage here

10. No one is holding you hostage here[/QUOTE]

Considering most countries don't allow immigration without a job setup (which I never intend on doing) I'm kind of stuck here until I save enough money to go live off the grid.

"People should not fear their government; the government should fear its people. "

11. What the.. This guy should be given an award, not thrown in jail

I would like to have a look at the person who pursued this man's conviction...the face of evil