Man on the Moon

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BoJayJay, Jan 28, 2014.

1. I dunno guys, everyone feels like they have that one rapper they connect with. For me it's definitely Kid Cudi. Anyone else? I recognize realiPhoned using Grasscity Mobile

2. Yeah bro! It feel like im the only one who really feels Cudi, like other people like him but he the only rapper i for real feel. I dig it brother, satellite flight drops next month!Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm gonna play the fuck out of that, haha. But yeah man. I feel like Cudi's story is a little more in his head, like he has problems and stuff. I mean, I do too haha. I'm torn between Down and Out, and Day n' Nite. Those two songs pretty much sum up my life, lol

4. I'd say Kanye West. By far my favorite hip-hop artist. In my opinion, every album he's put out (except Cruel Summer. Fuck Cruel Summer) is pure gold. Not really an unpopular opinion. I will say that I think the man is a genius, and not just musically. All his crazy rants seems crazy now, but it'll all come together in the end. Whether you like him or not you have to admit that the character he's created is interesting as fuck. Also this is my first post here. Hey everyone. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Guru he was one of the best in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkuWWz0Es0

6. I like kid cudi's music, he tells a meaningful story through a song that you feel you can relate to. I personally listen to Marshall Mathers alot! feel like I can connect to him deeper, but his new music 2008+ is kinda shit, drifted away from the rap/hiphop and more into the crowd/money style music. His old songs when him and kim were together/just broken up are superb imo, and so is the music he has dedicated to his daughters, especially Hailee(spelling?). ^^bit off topic, sorry :)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I love Kanye. The reason is because his attitude, so it's not really a legit reason but hoopla. Same with Lil' Wayne, their voices are just mad aggressive. I tried looking at that Guru vid but I guess I can't in my state lol. Is he old school? When I first started listening to hip hop was B.I.G from the 90's and Shwayze. I don't know how far back Shwayze goes thoughiPhoned using Grasscity Mobile

8. Heaven at Nite -.-

9. I love kid cudi's music. Waiting for this new album in February then motm 3 in 2015 Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. [quote name="StrawberryJam" post="19433858" timestamp="1391066882"]I'd say Kanye West. By far my favorite hip-hop artist. In my opinion, every album he's put out (except Cruel Summer. Fuck Cruel Summer) is pure gold. Not really an unpopular opinion. I will say that I think the man is a genius, and not just musically. All his crazy rants seems crazy now, but it'll all come together in the end. Whether you like him or not you have to admit that the character he's created is interesting as fuck. Also this is my first post here. Hey everyone. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] anybody who is a self proclaimed genius gets a thumb down in my book. Plus he just acts like a rich asshole. Not humble at allSent from my burner

11. [quote name="By the Beard of Stew!" post="19458712" timestamp="1391450666"]anybody who is a self proclaimed genius gets a thumb down in my book. Plus he just acts like a rich asshole. Not humble at allSent from my burner[/quote]I think his behavior gets annoying sometimes, but I think the reason he does it is because almost every album he's put out has gotten universal acclaim. Like he says in Devil in a New Dress, it's "hard to be humble when you're stuntin on the jumbotron." And shit I just realized this was a Cudi thread, I guess when I posted I forgot about the title and just saw the thing about certain rappers connecting with you. Sorry for that!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Conversations flow man. In my opinion, I think it'd be hard not to be so cocky in the spot he's in. I totally would haha. iPhoned using Grasscity Mobile

13. Love kid cudi. Mr. Rager. One of the best.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity

14. Man on the Moon is my favorite by him, I also like A Kid Named Cudi because of it's a little older

iPhoned using Grasscity Mobile

15. Blu is my favorite rapper.  I love his topics.  He seems connected to the higher realm of expanded consciousness.  I think I'd have a real good day smokin' blunts with him. Also when Exile is DJing it just sounds wonderful in my head.  Below the Heavens is an amazing Hip Hop masterpiece. All his stuff is great though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uLjj81rPXI

"With books dropping knowledge on lies that once covered us
    Like we ain't land on Plymouth Rock
    God summoned us

Block smugglers rise up from under the blue skies
    Sunshine, what a day to take a walk in the rain
    Wash the thoughts on your brain dry
    Get lost for a change"

I also really dig Del tha Funkee Homosapien.  He just seems like a cool guy.  He rides that line between serious/ and just chillin.  His albums always have dope samples too...Jazz and Funk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_7WE1Yh1o

I mean Del is so chill if you don't like him leave me be son.

16. Cudi is great.  He definitely does it better than most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIw9sLpn1bE