man, life is depressing

Discussion in 'General' started by whiteboyy09, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Seems like all we do now is work as adults. I work 50 hours a week and have done much more in the past. It sucks spending more time at work than at home. Too tired when I get home to do much. I hardly get to spend time with my gf. All I really look forward to is toking up at night.

2. Life is a bitch bro

3. Shit, as a recent college grad, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I used to spend my days and nights doing school work or working. At least when you leave your job, you don't take the work home with you for the most part.

4. I feel you. My boyfriend and I have the same problem, and then my mom acts like I need to learn to be satisfied with giving up time with my companion in return for scanty wages and his misery. I understand that "that's how life is, blah blah blah" but I don't think we should just be happy with it. Office Space had it right, humans weren't meant to only sit down and look at screens all day.

Since he works 9-5, he doesn't have time to work on his art anymore and it really upsets him.

5. I kind of feel like this as well. I loved doing art, but I don't have much time for it either. That's why I want to find something where I am actually interactive with people in the community instead of being one that sits at the computer all day long. It's really unhealthy too.

6. I was working 50 hours a week when I was 18, for minimum wage too, that shit sucks. But can't say lifes depressing because of that.

If we werent living, what would we be? Lifes what you make it. Work those long hours now to enjoy the sweet ripe fruit later.

The mind can make a heaven out of a hell and a hell out of a heaven.

7. Feel like this all the time. There just isnt enough hours in the day to juggle everything I need to do, and try to squeeze in things I want to do (which ends up never happening)

8. YUP that's life for you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 8ight, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    Meh. It's easy to complain that work is eating up all your time or energy and so forth. But I don't entirely agree. It's all about perception and how you handle the situations. I'm having trouble thinking how to explain it, but I think basically you just need to be in the moment. Too often, I think we focus only on the end result. On Monday, most people are already looking forward to Friday. 

Maybe look at it like a long flight of stairs. If your goal is the just get to the top, it'll be a long and grueling climb. But if there's more to it than that... if your life isn't just a series of point A's to point B's, you might notice an interesting footprint on one step. Or a message carved into another. A drawing on those two steps. A $10 bill sticking out of a crack. And suddenly life has more meaning; it's not just a grudging trek to the next "goal" in life. 

Depressing?

"I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet."

"If you have your health, then you have everything."

11. It could be worse. You could be SO MUCH WORSE.

12. life isn't depressing, there's just a lot to it.

13. To the people saying life isn't depressing, it is at times. It can also be amazing but it can also be very depressing.

Absolutely.

But if the OP thinks it's "depressing" to have to work 50 hours a week, wait til he gets older. Then he'll find out what "depressing" really means.

15. I agree, things could be incredibly worse, jobless, homeless, bad health, no loved ones, list goes on and on. It's easy to take things for granted.

Still, sometimes people get overwhelmed/stressed and tired of feeling that way.

16. Well then he will see, we all do.
    I miss working, that depresses me, I like working on a team or by myself.

But to OP

At least you don't have health problems, relationship problems.

17. 'Every man thinketh his burden is the heaviest'

That's because the whole experience has to be lived in these damn constraints called myself

It will hit you harder when you are old and sickly and you look back and see you fucked off all that time you had.

20. Do something about it.