Man. fuck algebra

Discussion in 'General' started by IDopeBeats, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Any of you guys have a hard time picking up on college algebra?  I work my ass of in the class its 110.
    But i swear it seems like everyone picks up on it so easy, while it takes me forever and still dont understand fully. No shit i have spent more time on hw and studying for tests than i have for any class in my life. and i have a D in their like what the fuck?
    Idk im good at doing stuff with my hands.. like shoving this square root up your ass

I guess its just been way to long since i've done any math. 

2. Only class I've had to repeat. Its a bummer, I would love to be a mathematician or a physicist but it just doesn't click.

3. dude math is so easy... make sure understand the process and do alot of practice problems.

4. Yup math is hard! In college I had this one teacher that taught us like we were are a bit "special" and I have to say that was the only time I really got it. Algebra is a progression. So if you get lost in the beginning you'll be lost in the end. Remembering the sequence of operation is important! Also, sometimes when the ending answer is wrong look back at the basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.. Usually the problem lies in there. So- order of operation. And then check simple errors in your adding and subtracting ect. Look at www.mathisfun.com also, some teachers/instructors put up YouTube videos to help. Check those out. My Microsoft professor has every single class he ever taught on YouTube and watching them after class helped me pass that class with a 4.0. Don't give up! You can do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Math was hard for me too. Hardest class I ever had was calculus and passed with a C.

6. I never took math so I never had to worry about it...come to think about it....I hated school period...

7. I took college algebra at my university and dropped out at like the 2 week period, class moved way to fast for me.  Ended up taking a summer course for it at a junior college and it was a breeze.  Coulda been the teacher difference, idk..but that's my experience.

8. This is how they weed people out of certain job positions.

A necessary evil.

You don't want someone like Homer Simpson working as a nuclear technician in real life do you?

But then smart people go onto make alot of money but don't want to pay taxes to help the underclass.

Doh!

9. Nope, I got a 10 (A+ for americans I guess?) in college algebra, it's pretty simple if you practice.

10. #10 Vicious, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    I never studied, left class early, didn't do homework, etc. Math is literally a git gud subject. I always thought it would be an easier subject to teach yourself but I never had the will to do it. My problem is after doing math for a very long time, I start fumbling formulas. Like, I'll go into a 'math hole', I'll work in circles or plug in completely unrelated formulas and go on and on in them. It's almost hypnotic yet anxiety inducing, especially during a test.

11. thank fully I was to stupid to be in normal classes so the math I was taught in highschool was the same shit they were teaching me when I was In elementary and thankfully a good percent of the things they teach you never get used in real life so I don't really care that I don't know :)

yay for taking advantage of the stupid people classes!

12. This is exactly my problem. Working in circles describes it well. And I'll realize it too when it starts happening. Shit sucks. I did pass college alg with an 84-C, well actually the class was titled "precalculus algebra" but i passed precalc trig with only a 77...1 point away from a D. Math just fuckin sucks. 

13. lol @ algebra.

wait for calc 3.

Dont miss that shit, bro.

Lol shut up, you don't count cuz you're good at math and have an AS in it.

Yeah OP FUCK MATH. In 9th grade I burned an Algebra book (lolzzz so xxhardcorexx) to prove just how much I hated the subject. If I ever find the pic again I'll post it.

15. [​IMG]

And no, we didn't burn the class down. We threw water on it before everything else caught fire. It was 2004, I was 15 and stupid...don't judge :laughing:

16. Im fairly good at maths, pick it up pretty easily. I like financial maths the most, because all the formula's are pretty simple and are all pretty similar. Calculus took a bit but still managed B marks. I never done homework all in my senior years of highschool just the revision sheets, sometimes nothing and have never failed a maths exam ever :D some people call me lucky, but i am just naturally smart and can usually find a way to fiqure out different problems. But fuck maths, I dont like it but i am good at it.

17. man up nigga
    algebra is important

especially in higher level math

18. I always heard calc 2 was tougher than 3.

But algebra came easy to me. Learned it pretty well in 8th grade. Only took up to calc 2 in college, challenging class but pulled off a b+. Math has always come easy to me. Numbers make sense.

19. I didn't even know they offered algebra in college. Thought it was just calc/pre-calc.
    I got an A in calc 1 and a B in calc 2. Calc 2 was the most confused I've ever been besides an engineering calc-based physics class I took.
    In any case I'm going for pharmacy, calc 2 is my worst grade at a B, I'm done with math, fuck math.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Man do I hate math. Only class I ever had to repeat. I have to say though, I'm 23 and I've never had to do anything harder than basic math in real life and I doubt I ever will.