Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Man died of cannabis!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by g33kr4m, Jan 20, 2004.

1. haha well thats somewhat good, but like, haha makes no sense. kinda like "thousands die off heroin each year so we'll legalize it" haah, but hey watever i'm gonna smoke anyway.

2. It averages out to nearly 6 joints a day. Not really that much.

Plus, they never said how big they were.

3. Plus was it mixed with tobbacco(popular over here) was it Buds or the shitty soapabr we get over here?

The things the tabloids never explain....but oh well theyre tabloids.

Peace.

4. the man complained of a headache, and died in his sleep. that could be a number of different things, a blood clot in the brain or many other things. one of the first questions that was asked to the family was surely "did the person use any drugs or alcohol?" a yes would cause the people to look there first. this close to the decriminalization of mj, a seemingly sudden death of someone whose family admitted to his mj use could easily change peoples minds if the blame was placed on herb.

i say political bull shit.

5. You know, it's amazing that some people can totally block out bad things that have happened from their past.

Last night, a friend of mine and I had to go out of town for a little while so we were stoned and just riding in the car and I started telling him about this article. As I'm telling him, I go into this other story that I had totally forgotten about...not completely, of course, but the details are what I had forgotten.

When I was 16, I hung out with a huge group of stoners. We were like a club or something since there were so many of us and we all got along perfectly. Anyway, one day we were at the house of one of the other girls (her parents were never home) and we were all getting fried out. I remember a huge pile of us wrestling on her bed and this one great guy, Bryan, was there too. Well, we had our fun and then we all went to our own homes since we had school the next day. Well, we had noticed that Bryan wasn't at school when we got there but we just thought he was skipping...we all skipped school all the time...back then, it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, at lunch, in the cafeteria, there was an announcement over the intercom. Bryan was in the hospital because his parents couldn't wake him up and from the looks of it, he wouldn't make it. BAM! Right there at lunch, they tell us that our bud is going to die. Well, we all just left and went to the hospital. He had died before we got there. For a few days, the diagnosis was that it was because he smoked pot and got high...the doc's claimed it killed him. Well, his parents were old stoners from way back but had not been since they had kids. They knew in their hearts that weed did not kill their son. They wouldn't accept it especially since they knew that we all had been smoking the same stuff and we were all fine. So, they had an autopsy done. Why the doc's didn't look for it in the hospital is beyond me but they found a tumor in his brain when they did the autopsy. That was what killed him. He was so cool and had the doc's done their work, they could have saved him but they decided after testing for drugs and getting his THC concentration that he had screwed himself by getting high and then he died. Had they done a CT scan, he might still be in the land of the living.

So, my point is...something else more than likely killed this man and it was something that the doc's missed...just like with Bryan.

*edit* I just read bud stuffer's post and remembered that Bryan's parents said he complained of a headache before he went to sleep on the couch.

6. Aww man that really sucks thats really sad sorry for your friend RMJL

7. I'm sorry man. Must have been hard. My condolences.

8. my opinion......its bullshit

9. yeah, complete bullshit. They probably went, hes a known smoker, lets test for weed. Of course it came up that he had THC in his system and they just decided for some reason, money maybe, that this would be a good time report the "first mj death" and shit.

Seriously, what the fuck does the government think they are getting by trying to keep this illegal? A loss of money and pissed of citizens seems like a stupid goal to me.

10. 2 ounces a day??? c'mon dude, I wouldn't even believe a half ounce.

11. no.....NO IT CANT BE TRUE......marijuana wouldnt do this to us. Marijuana is our friend.......

12. my god all faith in everything has just gone out the window.

such blatant propaganda tho, its in the run up to class C and the doctor said it wass hellishly rare (ie nonexistant)

13. lets put this back into perspective....

for the sake of this point... lets ASUME its true, and that we really have found a guy who managed to take a lethal dose of cannabis (idk, he might have eated 9 Oz of bubblehash?), this is still only 1.

versus, uhh.. idk how many deaths due to alcohol and tobacco.

Cannabis=1
    Alcohol & tobacco=several tens (hundreds?) of millions.

i still want to know what the guy really died from. since it has been proven time and time again that cannabis toxicity simply doesnt exist there must have been some other factor at work. did he have a stroke? did he starve his brain of oxygen? how much did he take?

14. For all we know the guy accidently smoked a couple seeds, got a headache, and just so happened to die in his sleep.

15. b-u-l-l s-h-i-t ..bascialy everything thats been said in this thread spells out bullshit ..a person no matter how much (6 joints? wtf?) they smoekd or how high there tolerance is would pass out waaaay before suffering an overdose of cannabis (if such a thing is possible)

6 splifs a day ..what a 1/4th oz? i could smoke a 1/4th oz and i havent been smoking for nearly as long as 11 years.

..ive heard 2 things either 40,000x the amount needed to get high or smoke your own body weight

..i dont kno about you but who can smoke $540,000 worht of pot (my weight) and im a light mother fucker (135lbs)

so did he die from long term effects since he obvously didnt od? and isnt bud supposed to aid migranies and headaches not cause them>?

plus the reclasifacation ..i dunno too much bullshit way to fishy

16. its probably just some anti-pot group making their "custards last stand" before pot smokers are able to "hop the border" so to speak. making one last effort to try and stop the devils weed cannabis