Man charged with growing marijuana in front yard

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Man charged with growing marijuana in front yard
    WashingtonPost / AP / October 12, 2010

ST. CLOUD, Fla. -- Most people growing marijuana illegally at least try to hide it from authorities. One man in central Florida was allegedly growing the plants in his front yard. Agents with the Osceola County Investigative Bureau arrested and charged Bryan Hartman on Monday for cultivation of cannabis. Authorities said Hartman had 17 marijuana plants - some as big as seven feet - that could "easily be seen from the roadway."

The roots were growing in planters in the front of his St. Cloud house, just south of Orlando. Hartman was booked into the Osceola County Jail.
    It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.

Some will say this will hurt our efforts of legalization because such an asinine display makes people think marijuana makes people do such stupid things and that is one facet of it.
    But it also tells you what American citizens think about prohibition and stopping the violence over marijuana.

2. With all movements, you will have radicals. This got press, yeah? Remember, ANY press is good press!:smoke:

3. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeee folks ya know?

4. of course it had to be in st. cloud...

5. I can betcha it was a older dude who just did not give a fuck anymore. Send him for some help, not jail! It's obvious his got some issues, not cannabis itself. He should of grown it behimd his house

6. It's a plant for Christ sakes, he SHOULD be allowed to grow it in his front lawn like tomatoes, strawberries, ect. I bet no one would be appalled if he grew strawberries in his front lawn.

Damnit prohibition... such a stupid, failed policy.

7. Plus rep if this guy is on GC

8. Yeah, but the feds won't come knocking on your door if you've got some tasty strawberry's growing in your garden.

I too think the the laws are B.S
    But right now it's prohibited so lets stray away from growing some big ol' plants where the whole world can see them.

9. What if you found a rare strain of strawberries that got you high with no negative effects.

Would the feds prohibit strawberries?!

Idk. When im blazed like this, it just really makes me see how stupid prohibition is.

10. That's pretty brazen and a little stupid. At least he could have grown them in the BACK yard with a nice Rottweiler or two.

11. lol the front yard of all places..

12. this fool don't give a fuck! thats what up...

13. Unfortunately at his loss.

14. Weird timing for me to see this story. I was just at a buddy's place a couple days ago, hadn't been over in a couple months. We had a little bong session and he's just like, "follow me dude." We went out to his side yard and he had three potted plants, one showing female sex already, all behind his trash cans just sitting there. He's confident they're okay there but as I was leaving, I tried to scope 'em out and you could definitely see a little bit of plant from the road. This is in a packed FL subdivision too. I don't know why he thinks it's a decent idea.

15. St. CLOUD has dirt bud lOL!

16. if you had a degree in botany and a multi-million dollar laboratory you could probably make one...

17. omg caligrower! the cannabis cup is rigged!!! fffffffffffffuck!