Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Nov 29, 2012.

1. RTV6 - Man caught on video making fun of girl with cerebral palsy sentenced to jail - US/World Story

The man is absolutely a royal asshole, but really its illegal to make fun of someone? This did not belong in a criminal court it belonged in a civil court if anything the family should have sued the guy for emotional distress or something the state should not have been involved imagine the potential for abuse if the state can put someone in jail for hurting peoples feelings.

2. Your rights end where my feelings begin. :rolleyes:

3. #3 JuicyGoose, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    He was charged with something else, that's why he's facing jail time.

"disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing"

The disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor, that's what he got for making fun of the girl.

The menacing charge was for threatening the girls mom.

4. #4 dudeindistress3, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing..

He's a douchebag but jail time is ridiculous. Where's the video? He says he wasn't even making fun of her

5. So let's drop the aggravated menacing part of it. This mean deserves up to a year in jail(potential of any misdemeanor) for making fun of someone?

I'm too mean to live in this country if that's the case.....

6. The article i read said the misdemeanor carried no jail time. The reason he was getting a month is because he threatened the life of the mother.

I don't understand why you'd make fun of a little girl with a disability in the first place. That's some stupid shit.

7. Ill have to look up a better article, that ones pretty vague

8. What did he say? Seems a bit ridiculous.

9. its only a month, don't usually agree with justice system but that guy deserved it

10. I think it's a bit ridiculous that he was making fun of his disabled neighbor.

And swinging chains around telling the mother he was going to kill her.

11. well yeah it's pathetic, but still not worthy of jail time. A good ass kicking would be a better punishment i think.

any link about the dude swinging the chains and threatening the mom? I can't find one :(

12. I believe it was on Yahoo!. It said something about tow chains and twitching.

It just pisses me off that he was trying to promote this behaviour by having his son "walk like a retard".

Fucking moron.

Oh and i made a mistake, both charges are misdemeanors, just different degrees.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...bled-girl-015101432--abc-news-topstories.html

13. [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ij8_hoZRSZY[/ame]

Fuck this guy but nothing in this video warrants jail time. (Which he rightfully didn't get) if he was swinging the chain and threatening her then that's a different story

14. This is Derp worthy.

15. what a scumbag

16. Freedom of speech is one thing, but mentally hurting others repeatedly on purpose is something else. Yes, he should be punished for that.

17. I literally cannot believe my eyes. Epsecially reading some posts from fellow stoners. Yes, what this man did is absolutely disgusting, but that is his fucking right!

18. The title is very misleading. He didn't get jail time for what's in the video. He got jail time for threatening the mother, just like any other person would get. I don't think he should've been fined for the video though.

19. Fuck him. Hope he gets crippled some day.

This asshole should get jail time for it. He was clearly making fun of her... He and his family all look like fuckin white trash anyway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emCfrLn2AmI]Father and son videotaped allegedly bullying disabled girl with cerebral palsy - YouTube[/ame]