Man beaten to death by police officers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pickledpie, May 13, 2013.

1. The Kern County Sheriff's Office says Silva resisted, a canine was deployed, more law enforcement arrived, batons were used and the man later had trouble breathing. He was taken to KMC, where he died. An autopsy was slated...but no results have been released.

Some witnesses apparently took cellphone video of the incident but deputies moved quickly to seize the phones. The Sheriff's Office, after releasing a statement...and naming its officers...declined all further comment.

People who say they witnessed the incident as well as Silva's family members described a scene in which deputies essentially were beating a helpless man to death. They were indignant that cellphone video had been taken away by deputies.

"My brother spent the last eight minutes of his life pleading, begging for his life," said Christopher Silva, 31, brother of the dead man. He said he's talked to witnesses but did not see the incident himself.

At about midnight, Ruben Ceballos, 19,was awakened by screams and loud banging noises outside his home. He said he ran to the left side of his house to find out who was causing the ruckus.

"When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head," Ceballos said.

Silva was on the ground screaming for help, but officers continued to beat him, Ceballos said.

After several minutes, Ceballos said, Silva stopped screaming and was no longer responsive.

"His body was just lying on the street and before the ambulance arrived one of the officers performed CPR on him and another one used a flashlight on his eyes but I'm sure he was already dead," Ceballos said.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos ... - BakersfieldCalifornian.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Ka72Z7E_Y]Raw Deadly cops beat to death David Silva - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't it wonderful to have such efficient defenders of justice are in the employ of the people. I feel quite reassured to know that our tax dollars are going out to those striving so avidly to defend our freedom and keep us safe ;)

2. I want every single one of the officers prosecuted for murder. They are not above the law. We need to make an example of these officers. A goverment issued costume does NOT exempt you from laws.

May that man R.I.P. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

3. Not only was a loved one brutally murdered in the street but the murderers will most likely get a paid vacation out of the deal and maybe some emotional counseling to make sure they are ok with it not being their fault.

4. If true as described, that's a horrible crime and he involved should definitely all be prosecuted for murder as stated above. However, I didn't see it happen and people have an uncanny knack at embellishing the truth, so who knows.

Sadly, the cops ARE above the law ( not that that's right, but it is true. ) and its their word against nothing, since the dude is dead.

Horrible story either way.

5. I hate the world more and more everyday.

6. I find it hard to believe that witnesses just surrendered their phones.
    Doesn't anyone in this country have any kind of sack anymore?

7. ^ Don't you remember that sacks were banned in 2003?  There's a bill banning guts and spines in the senate.  

But for real if you saw some thugs beat a helpless man to death I'm sure you'd hand over your phone too.

Sorry sweetie  the generation before mine raised males in my generation to act like men, not pantywaist metrosexuals like today.

9. Fucking pigs. Pieces of shit.

10. Probably just going to suspend them for 2 days, cops are fucking gods.

11. Damn straight! You might be older than be but my father raised a man. A man who sticks up for innocent people who are getting bullied and beaten. No way in hell should an honorable man just let this slide out of intimidation. 

12. Oh ok, so you would get yourself killed before they came for your phone.  I don't see how single handedly taking on armed thugs who have attack dogs is 'manly'.  They obviously don't give two shits about murdering people...but go ahead and act tough on the internet. 

13. #13 shaddytheman, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    So there wasn't any plausible reason for why he was beaten down? The pigs just beaten him for out of sake....damn that's crazy. The cops give more pledge to their badges more than the actual are--just badges to make it known that they are part of the ladder of authority. These are the cops that give the others a bad name or a negative stigma because they don't think with logic, they are thinking with their emotional state (anger) and not willing to compromise or listen to what the man has to say. RIP to that man, I know his family can't believe the surrealistic moment of what just happened. 

14. #14 ProvidencePlant, May 14, 2013
    I don't know bro, CA police sure do seem to like beating people.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

and 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42PPzYEqs

^Two of those pricks were charged with second degree involuntary manslaughter.

15. #15 1badbruce, May 14, 2013

Well the poster above you, Politically Incorrect' gets it. It's never been about acting tough or being manly on the internet or any other place for that matter cause there's always someone else tougher that will kick your ass at the drop of a hat.

At my age & I'm way past my prime, I will still stand up for my rights & I'm not afraid to say something if I saw cops beating a suspect to death. I'm not willing to allow myself to be beat to death for someone I don't know but I'm not going to stand around like a pussy & say nothing like some that post here, there & everywhere.

16. #16 Jumbo, May 14, 2013
    A large majority of police officers, should not be allowed to even touch a badge. 

Back in the day it was all about Protecting and Serving, 2013, its about drinking coffee, finding the best place to sleep, while doing as little work as possible.

And then when something actually happens, they don't even know what to do. Why did they continue to beat him? Why not taze? Pepper Spray? that would blind him and make arrest much simpler. 

These cops clearly need more training and probably shouldn't even have a badge. Its a disgrace to police who are there to help people. 

Trigger happy psycho's are the people who are "protecting" us.

Word......

17. Police  Brutality, OJ's back on trial, what else is new...

18. This is disgusting. I don't understand how this doesn't lead to rioting. People should lose their shit over this.

19. thats pretty fucked up...and they are now on paid leave...

but some articles are saying they are being investigated by the fbi