Man Attempts To Amputate Own Arm In Denny's

Discussion in 'General' started by sky dog, Sep 1, 2008.

1. MODESTO - (CBS13/AP) ― Modesto police say a local man who tried to cut off his own arm at a Denny's restaurant thought he had injected air into one of his veins while shooting cocaine and would die unless he took drastic action.

The man, identified by police as Michael Lasiter, 33, rushed into the restaurant on Friday night and started stabbing himself in the right arm with a butter knife he grabbed from a customer's table, police say. When that knife didn't work, Lasiter allegedly took a butcher knife from the kitchen and dug it into his arm.

Lasiter, who was subdued with a taser and taken to a local hospital with severe cuts, told officers he thought he needed to amputate his arm to keep himself from dying from the cocaine injection, says Modesto police Sgt. Brian Findlen.

The Denny's closed for the night after the incident.

2. That's bullshit, Denny's closed for the night? How am I supposed to get my Grand Slam?

3. I'll bet he was on something else as well as the cocaine, you gotta be trippin to do some shit like that.

4. If it had been his leg instead of his arm, I could have made a Moon Over My Hammy joke

5. i used to work at a denny's and i've seen some crazy shit but nothiing like that :eek:

6. am i the only one who completely lost it after reading that^, hahah holy shit im still laughing:laughing::laughing:

good find though +rep

7. Dude whats the deal with their after midnight deals coming after I get out of High School.

I mean I still remember those long nights on the weekends where we would be up till 5 or 6 and we'd be like lets go to denny's. Most common response would be dude I have like no money expect a couple bucks.

and NOWWW they come out with the after midnight deals....:(

8. Oh great find sky! I just wish I could have been there to make observation.

9. Is shooting cocaine a lot more potent than just snorting it? I would never choose a needle over a nostril

10. I was wondering the same thing.

11. I mean, it definitely hits you harder I'd think.

I haven't the guts to find out, though.

silly coke fiends. :rolleyes: tricks are for kids.

12. Reminds me of a Lard song

"Did you hear about the guy in New York whose dick fell off in the bath after he shot it full of coke?
    It's okay to run out of butter in Zambia, just smear squashed caterpillars on your toast
    Waiter, there's a terrorist in my soup
    Which came first, Max Headroom or Gerald Ford?
    Are you a man or are you a mouse?
    If you love your fun, DIE FOR IT!"

13. shooting cokes a completely different high..ive never done it but ive been around people that were shooting. during the rush they were almost completely incapacitated, couldnt talk, all clenched up. they claim the high lasts a lot longer, less craving on the comedown, but its a lot riskier and pretty much anytime you could die from it..puts a really heavy strain on your heart, a friend of mine had a stroke speedballing now they got him on methadone and fentanyl patches monthly.

14. Oh well, we can always goto the good Denny's.

15. Whatever happened `to survival of the fittest? People this dumb should not be protected. What an idiot.

16. Do eeet. Be an hero.

17. He'll probably do a stint in prison or a crazy home. :smoking:

Close enough.

18. haha, this still doesn't amount to that one guy who had to cut his arm off because it got stuck under a rock way out tin the canyons.

19. Nothing amounts to the Donner Party.

20. Fuck cocaine and Fuck shooting it.

Shooting cocaine is a real good way to freak out and kill someone.

i wanna shoot THC, i wonder if you could